Cubby Hole Above Light Switch

Replaced my cubby hole cover plate with the trailer brake cover plate. Then cut out opening for my light switches. Trailer brake cover plate is flatter and accepts switches better with a "factory" like look.
Cubby1.thumb.JPG.edb431121867bd02a04876d9e0076d2e.JPG
I like that trim. Is it wrapped?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Thanks, no it is a process called hydro-dipping. They take a tub of water, then lay the graphics on top of that water. Then they dip the plastic piece into the water and it adheres to the plastic. I'm sure its a little more scientific than that, but that's the simple explanation.

• Like 1

Thanks, no it is a process called hydro-dipping. They take a tub of water, then lay the graphics on top of that water. Then they dip the plastic piece into the water and it adheres to the plastic. I'm sure its a little more scientific than that, but that's the simple explanation.
Ahh dipping, looks very good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Imcrazy said:

All these dang trucks should have factory brake control...

I agree but I get why they don't.  I had an aftermarket installed several months ago while my truck was in for service.  We are pretty sure we are going to buy a travel trailer this spring.  If we do buy one, it will be the first time I've needed a brake controller since 1989.  I am guessing there is a lot of people who have factory brake controllers that are never used.  Many like me have pulled a lot of cargo or boat trailers but they either don't require brakes or use a surge control.

23 hours ago, Donstar said:

I agree but I get why they don't.  I had an aftermarket installed several months ago while my truck was in for service.  We are pretty sure we are going to buy a travel trailer this spring.  If we do buy one, it will be the first time I've needed a brake controller since 1989.  I am guessing there is a lot of people who have factory brake controllers that are never used.  Many like me have pulled a lot of cargo or boat trailers but they either don't require brakes or use a surge control.

Yeah I am with you, I bet lots of people do not ever have a need for the brake controller and quite frankly the Hopkins controller I have is just about as good as factory, just doesn't look as clean... I just wish GM made it easier to add the OEM controller but, I am nit picking here lol...

On 4/4/2018 at 10:54 AM, WSFD6107 said:

Replaced my cubby hole cover plate with the trailer brake cover plate. Then cut out opening for my light switches. Trailer brake cover plate is flatter and accepts switches better with a "factory" like look.

Cubby1.JPG

where did you get the cover plate?

I put my phone holder in there, with some modifications to make it fit.  I have a few pictures of it, in progress, but none of it done.  I'll post some complete ones tomorrow or Friday.

• 3 weeks later...