2016 2500 steering problem

My 2500 has a horrible wobble at 45-60 mph and then again t 70+. The truck is a 6.0 with 23k miles and KO2 tires. the dealership told me that the tires balanced fine but the tires were feathered. I asked them to check the alignment but they said it had nothing to do with it. I just don't want to buy new tires and still have the same problem. Any idea on what I should have them check before i buy tires?

My 2500 has a horrible wobble at 45-60 mph and then again t 70+. The truck is a 6.0 with 23k miles and KO2 tires. the dealership told me that the tires balanced fine but the tires were feathered. I asked them to check the alignment but they said it had nothing to do with it. I just don't want to buy new tires and still have the same problem. Any idea on what I should have them check before i buy tires?

Could be your shocks also
Or try rotating your tires

Grizzly

If rotating your tires made it better then it's either a bent rim or the tires.  I had a bent rim on my 11 Sierra HD.  I knew the rim was bent because it an 2 big weights on it.   Argued with the dealer the rim was bent and I ended up buying tires.  It was better but not perfect.   Replaced 1 rim and it was perfect after that.  Give the rotation some time to scuff off and see if it gets better.  I would be it's the tires if the dealer rotated them.   FWIW I've heard mixed reviews on the KO2's.

There are places that sell takeoffs and remans. I just bought a set of 18s for mine from a local tire shop...they get guys upgrading rims on new trucks, and they have the stock take-offs. Might be worth a check...

2012 2500hd 6.0l CCSB 4wd

The only time you see mine is on the balance machine...the inside of the rim is very slightly oval'd and that translates to a tire slightly out-of-round.

Mine is almost imperceptible on the machine, on the ground you would never be able to tell. Again, I've had this truck since new, it's never been abused. The local shop says this is a common occurrence in these trucks (even when not abused)...and to find another set of rims.

I put the spare on the passenger side and took it for a ride. There was no vibration at all. I then took the spare off and put both original tires on. the truck started to vibrate 45-55mph. I guess I am back to square one.
I would guess the passenger side tire/wheel is your problem...that's pretty cut and dry.

Take that tire/wheel to an independent shop and have them spin it up and see what they find.

16 minutes ago, sdeeter19555 said:

I would guess the passenger side tire/wheel is your problem...that's pretty cut and dry.

Take that tire/wheel to an independent shop and have them spin it up and see what they find.

I had the spare on the driver side before the passenger side. No matter what side the spare was on the vibration went away. When I put the original tires back on the vibration came back.