Win A Pair Of Sylvania Cube-X LED Lights!

Zane

Sylvania_LED_Spot_Review01.jpg

GM-Trucks.com and Sylvania Automotive are teaming up to give away a pair of Cube-X LED Lights! We just installed our own set, so if you are not familiar with the Cube-X just head on over and read our review.

It's very easy to enter and costs NOTHING. Just read through our rules, answer a three question survey, post your answers to this thread, and a random winner will be announced on April 16th. 

Product Description - What We're Giving Away

TWO (2) - Sylvania LED Cube - 45 Degree Flood Light

SYLVANIA LED CUBE-X Off-Road Wide Flood Light offers 1100 effective lumens at a 45-degree angle. The Wide Flood light is our widest beam pattern, illuminating obstacles, debris and potential hazards. Great for illuminating work sites, too.

• Unique X-shaped LED accent light for on-road use
  • Intense 6000K off-road 45º wide flood light with 1350 effective lumens
  • Rugged aluminum body designed for optimal thermal conductivity, handles rough off-road environments and resists corrosion
  • Lifetime limited warranty
  • Cube-X assembly Includes: LED module, Mounting bracket, Carriage bolt (M8 x 1 1∕8), Two lock nuts and three split lock washers

https://www.sylvania-automotive.com/products/other-lighting/led-off-road/led_cube_flood_45_degree.jsp

The Giveaway Rules

• No purchase necessary as this giveaway is all in good fun and not scientific. 
  • To be considered, answer the questions in our Giveaway Poll (below) and post your honest answers in this thread.
  • Any incomplete or illegible responses will disqualified
  • Users may only submit one set of answers.
  • Moderators/Admins/Staff are not eligible
  • On April 16th, 2018 the admins (Zane/Josh) will choose a random winner out of all completed and valid responses. 
  • This giveaway thread will close April 15th at 11:59pm eastern. 

The Sylvania Cube-X Giveaway Poll

Answer the following questions as honestly as you can. Please elaborate as much as you feel comfortable. These answers will be used as an informal marketing survey by Sylvania Automotive. 

1. Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?
    IF YES: What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck? (Quality/Price/Look/Reviews)
    IF NO:  Why not? (No time/money, inexperience, no vehicle)
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?

Sylvania_LED_Spot_Review15.jpg

Sylvania_CubeX_Spot_Comparision_Night1.jpg

UPDATE- WE HAVE A WINNER

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I accessorize my truck and if I am spendimg money and time I want the beat available.product so I am not repairing or replacing it after a short while.

I have bought lower priced products in the past and have regretted my choice - the bad taste of a sweet price lingers long after.

We all at one time.or another have purchased something based purely on how it lools to dress up kur ride without thought to function.

Edited by Zane
edited out personal information

1. Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?
    Yes. I accessorize the truck to the point where it has the features I wish to have on my vehicle but not to the point where I am sinking money into a vehicle that I will never see back.
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? YES but only after reading reviews so that I can determine if it would be a high enough quality to justify saving the money.
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all? No.

1. Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?  Yes.  always looking for innovative and worthwhile accessories that fit my lifestyle and my vehicles.  Top priority is quality with proven results & reviews.

2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO) YES, but only if it meets the needs of what I'm intending to utilize the product for and how long I plan to own the vehicle it's going on.
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?  NO.  Functionality is a top priority.  Not looking for just glam.  It MUST provide a useful function.

What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck?
    Yes, Functionality - if I don't need it then it's pointless to waste money on it.
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? I'd opt for high end better quality products if the cheaper stuff had a bunch of negative reviews.
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all? No, if it doesn't work it's pointless.

2 hours ago, Zane said:
  • Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?
    Yes, Quality is most important to me, time is money and the less time I need to be fixing things on my truck, means I have time for other fun activities
  • Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)
    • If a product has a bunch of negative reviews, then the price needs to be extremely low and still have other redeeming qualities for me to try it(such as a unique product or special fitment that I need)
  • Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?
    • I think many people have made purchase decisions based on looks(good or bad). Depending on what I want out of the product, poor performance in one area may not be as important as another feature I bought it for.

1. Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in? YES. Quality, Price, Look, and reviews make a huge difference in what I purchase
    IF YES: What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck? (Quality/Price/Look/Reviews)
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO) NO
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all? NO. I wouldnt want to put time and effort in the install if it didnt look or work good

1.  Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?

Yes, I don't know anyone that doesn't like to personalize/accessorize their truck.  I installed a cheap light bar on my atv and while it was considerably brighter, it had a couple of problems.  It whines under load and flickers a lot during acceleration.  I feel that I made a bad purchase because it was cheap and cheaply made.  I usually like to be in the middle, not the cheap stuff but nothing that will break the bank.  I usually trust the larger well known brands because they have the backing and desire to make it right if something goes wrong.  I do the same even for my replacement parts, if I can afford it or it is closely priced to the aftermarket I go with the stock parts for all of my vehicles. 

2.  Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)

No, I read a lot of reviews before I buy things.  That's how you can tell if you are getting something worth having.  The light bar in question 1 that I purchased had good reviews and was cheaper than a name brand but I probably wouldn't purchase that again. Like I said above, I usually try to stay in the middle.

3.  Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?

Looks have some weight when I am looking to purchase stuff but not enough to ignore the reviews or quality of it.  If it isn't going to work, what is the point. 

• Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in? Yes, with my top priority being reviews
  • Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO) - No
  • Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all? - No

- Yes, I accessorize my truck, and in order of priority, I choose based on 1) Quality, 2) Reviews (to judge quality), 3) Look and 4) price.  However, if something is a 9/10 and is 25% of the cost of something that is a 10/10, I would probably go with the cheaper thing.  But, if comparing a 5/10 vs a 9/10, I'm going with the 9/10 most of the time regardless of price.

2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)
    No, price is not the main factor for something I'm keeping a long time, especially with negative reviews, as that would be wasting money.  

3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?
    No, I would not.  For me, function come first, form second.  

2 hours ago, Zane said:

Sylvania_LED_Spot_Review01.jpg

IF NO:  Why not? (No time/money, inexperience, no vehicle).                
  2. Yes, just today I started researching tailgate light bars. I want the best I can afford for my truck. Must look good and be as good as quality that I can get.  
  3. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)
  4. No, would not even consider a cheap item on my expensive truck. Quality does cost and I’m willing to pay for it. 
  5. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?
  6. Never, it has to function as I want/need it to or why buy it?

Sylvania_LED_Spot_Review15.jpg

Sylvania_CubeX_Spot_Comparision_Night1.jpg

3 hours ago, Zane said:
  • Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?
    YES: My top priority is quality and good reviews. They don't always go hand-in-hand. :)
  • Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? NO. Cheaper price can often cost you more in the long haul if it won't last. I tend to go by good USER reviews on products that I purchase for my truck.
  • Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?     No. Looks don't matter if its a piece of S#@t. :) Bang for the buck (with good reviews) is the way I go.

Yes.  I tend to stick to simple, yet effective mods.  Winter wheel/tire set, tonneau cover, LED headlighting, LED license plate lights, LED interior lighting and such.  Simple things that the OEM's should have been all over 10 years ago.  But hey, I can mod it to what it should have been. 

1. IF YES: What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck? (Quality/Price/Look/Reviews)

Top priority honestly is quality.  No matter the price, it has to be a quality item, especially lighting.  Most of anything I get is usually OEM as they have had the best quality for me, except lighting which goes to only a couple brands I've used.  Look and price are a bit of a tie, and reviews are at the bottom, mainly because most reviews are written by those attempting to be journalists, or have an outright hatred for the product.   

1. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)

On vehicle accessories?  NO.  I would definitely stray from buying something priced cheaper than the better quality product.  Quality is top.  If we are talking simple things, I may go that route (harbor freight tools for example). 

1. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?

No. 

1. Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in? yes
    IF YES: What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck? (Quality/Price/Look/Reviews) Quality and practicality
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO) No... Quality is top priority
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all? Never

Truck.jpg

1- I drive a 2011 GMC 2500HD I ordered the way I wanted it, I added some aftermarket things after I got it. I like it the way it is. A set of flood lights would be a very nice addition. Generally, I keep a truck 10 years if it is a good one. So far, after 7 years, this one is the best I have had. Looks good, runs good, tows like a champ.

2 - NO

3 - NO

I am a Quality Professional. The definition of Quality is simple - "Meeting the customer's requirements". Anything more is wasted money.