Win A Pair Of Sylvania Cube-X LED Lights!

Zane

1. Yes.  Top priority is reviews as they tend to help balance the price vs. quality ratio.
  2. No. The longer answer is "it depends."  How much of a savings over the higher priced option OR how negative are the bad reviews?  Those would influence the decision but I would not mount crappy/cheap items on my $50K truck!
  3. No.  Non-functioning product is a definite "no go" for me.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Zane said:
  • Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?
    IF YES: What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck? (Quality/Price/Look/Reviews)
    IF NO:  Why not? (No time/money, inexperience, no vehicle)
  • Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)
  • Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?

1. No, My truck is getting old, I'm saving for something newer and I'm not big into much accessories anyway. 

2. No I base my purchases heavily on reviews. I don't just go buy the most expensive thing for perceived quality based on price either. 

3. No 

1. Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?
    Yes I always like to accessorize my ride. I like both performance and eye candy upgrades
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (Yes if I liked it and found it to be a good value
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all? No, it has to be functional

1. Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?
IF YES: What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck? (Quality/Price/Look/Reviews)

Yes. I prefer to personalize my vehicle and have something that is different from just the ordinary vehicle, even if only slightly. My top priority is Looks, any modification I even consider doing to my vehicle has to look appealing to me. After i have found something I like the look of I want something that is quality, then I consider price, finally I will consider reviews. A lot of negative review might scare me away from a product, but I would still consider purchasing a product with no reviews.

2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)

No.

3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?

Yes, depending on what it is. There are a number of cosmetic products that serve no real purpose. I have a "roll bar" on my current truck that will do absolutely nothing in the event of an actual rollover. As far as lighting products are concerned then, no. If I am buying a light it better work.

1. Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in? - Yes
    IF YES: What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck? (Quality/Price/Look/Reviews) -  All three, of course.
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO) - NO!
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all? - NO!

Lou

1. Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?Yes,  give it a one of the kind look
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)NO
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?NO

Yes. My top priority when choosing accessories is quality, assuming my budget allows for the best quality. Second, I want to see if the price is worth it, or if there's another option that might be more cost effective. Whatever brand I end up choosing, I always check reviews of that product, and pictures of those applications.

1. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products?

No. If it’s cheap and has negative reviews, I would not buy it. In most cases, you get what you pay for. I’m a firm believer of the idea ‘buy once, cry once’.

1. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?

No. An accessory needs to be of good quality, not just good looks. If the accessory doesn’t perform the task that it’s designed for, then what’s the point?

1. YES. Quality/Reviews/Looks/Price/Value are things I will consider before purchasing any accesory
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)
    1. I will opt for the Higher-end products. Cheap products are rarely good and Good products are rarely cheap.
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?
    1. Form and Function of the product are very important to me. I will not purchase something that looks good but functions terribly and I will also not purchase anything that looks terrible but functions good.

• YES - My "TOP" priority would be quality when accessorizing my truck.   Prices, looks and reviews help make decisions, but quality is #1.  
    • No - been there done that.  Buying cheaper priced items often ends to early replacement of those parts.  Negative reviews provide a bit of warning at times, but have have to be taken in context.  Quality items may cost a bit more at times but usually perform better and last longer.  
    • No - I'm typically buying accessories to use those accessories.  Looks plays a factor when choosing between different brands/models but they have to perform.  
Edited by steve76t

1. Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in? Always looking for new accessories! Quality, reviews, manufacturer, appearance, performance, price.
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? Nope.
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all? Definitely not. 

1. Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in? - Yes
    IF YES: What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck? (Quality/Price/Look/Reviews) -  Top priority is Looks. If it doesn't look good then I am not worried aabout the others. 
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO) - NO
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all? - NO. Looks is a big factor, but if it is fake or doesn't work well then it is a waste of time and money. 

Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?

1. Yes I'm interested in accessorizing my c/k pickup quality, price and look are all factors I consider, reviews matter only slightly since people all have different opinions. That being said if I see only negative reviews there may be something to consider there. 
  2. No I would not purchase something if it's cheaper even if it had all negative reviews. 
  3. As tempting as it may be to buy something strictly because of looks in spite of it not working. Is like getting married because your friends say you should, seems like a good idea at the moment, but in the long run its not likely to be a great idea or work out. 

Yes... and its all about the quality
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO) NO WAY!
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all? No... its all about function for me.

THANKS!

5 hours ago, Zane said:

Sylvania_LED_Spot_Review01.jpg

GM-Trucks.com and Sylvania Automotive are teaming up to give away a pair of Cube-X LED Lights! We just installed our own set, so if you are not familiar with the Cube-X just head on over and read our review.

It's very easy to enter and costs NOTHING. Just read through our rules, answer a three question survey, post your answers to this thread, and a random winner will be announced on April 16th. 

Product Description - What We're Giving Away

TWO (2) - Sylvania LED Cube - 45 Degree Flood Light

SYLVANIA LED CUBE-X Off-Road Wide Flood Light offers 1100 effective lumens at a 45-degree angle. The Wide Flood light is our widest beam pattern, illuminating obstacles, debris and potential hazards. Great for illuminating work sites, too.

• Unique X-shaped LED accent light for on-road use
  • Intense 6000K off-road 45º wide flood light with 1350 effective lumens
  • Rugged aluminum body designed for optimal thermal conductivity, handles rough off-road environments and resists corrosion
  • Lifetime limited warranty
  • Cube-X assembly Includes: LED module, Mounting bracket, Carriage bolt (M8 x 1 1∕8), Two lock nuts and three split lock washers

https://www.sylvania-automotive.com/products/other-lighting/led-off-road/led_cube_flood_45_degree.jsp

The Giveaway Rules

• No purchase necessary as this giveaway is all in good fun and not scientific. 
  • To be considered, answer the questions in our Giveaway Poll (below) and post your honest answers in this thread.
  • Any incomplete or illegible responses will disqualified
  • Users may only submit one set of answers.
  • Moderators/Admins/Staff are not eligible
  • On April 16th, 2018 the admins (Zane/Josh) will choose a random winner out of all completed and valid responses. 
  • This giveaway thread will close April 15th at 11:59pm eastern. 

The Sylvania Cube-X Giveaway Poll

Answer the following questions as honestly as you can. Please elaborate as much as you feel comfortable. These answers will be used as an informal marketing survey by Sylvania Automotive. 

Sylvania_LED_Spot_Review15.jpg

Sylvania_CubeX_Spot_Comparision_Night1.jpg

*** I choose accessories in this order 1.look 2.quality 3.price 4.reviews. Reason is, when I buy truck I first figure out the use, is this one going to be my hauler, or my executive show truck, lifted crazy or moderate, do the accessories fit well on the truck, does it take away from the truck look, does it overpower the overall look I'm trying to achieve.
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO) .... Hell No. Unless you're selling the truck soon, then try to sell it away from where you live.
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?....  same answer as 2. Truck people can see a poser a mile away, and you will get no respect. Now... If you don't care people talking about you the moment you walk away... The go ahead and put shit on your truck so it looks like a.movie truck.   Nothing works out looks good