Win A Pair Of Sylvania Cube-X LED Lights!

Zane

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?
IF YES: What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck? (Quality/Price/Look/Reviews)
IF NO:  Why not? (No time/money, inexperience, no vehicle)

YES, absolutely yes! I look for quality and top reviews, as they typically go hand-in-hand. There isn’t a manufacturer out there that makes the perfect vehicle, so customizing my truck to suite my needs is an absolute must. I do a lot of homework before buying a product, so it typically takes me a little longer to make a purchase. You typically get what you pay for, but hat doesn’t always mean the most expensive is the best. I’ve already picked out a set of Rigid mounts and I’ve been studying how to replace the factory fogs on my 2015 Silverado with a set of Cube-X lights. Now I just have to decide which pattern is going to work the best for me and where to buy them (unless I win a set here). I’d like two different patterns if two sets will fit. Also, not many stores are offering the Cube-X (I guess because they are so new)? 

2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)

NO. 

3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?

NO. If it’s going to look pretty, it better function (unless it’s just designed to look pretty). 

1. Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?
    Yes! Looks is top priority but function is a close second.
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products?  No. Not if it has negative reviews.
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all? No. It needs to look AND function great to get my hard earned money.

IF YES: What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck? (Quality/Price/Look/Reviews)
    IF NO:  Why not? (No time/money, inexperience, no vehicle)      YES, if a functional, tasteful looking accessory is available I would absolutely consider putting it on.   Usually take things into consideration by quality first, followed by reviews, price and appearance.
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)    NO, I have done it before and have had to buy a better quality product.  End up spending more when all is said and done.   Now I wait until I have the money to buy what I feel is the best product available. 
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?   NO Absolutely not.  Good looks alone do not overcome functionality unless we are talking about the opposite sex.???

Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?

Yes. As I get older i need less than I use to.

Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? 

No Sir.

Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?.... 

No Sir. If it won't work it is not needed.

1. Yes! I buy used trucks solely to accessorize them! I’d hate to void warranty of new trucks and I prefer to do the work myself. I tend to read a lot of reviews on products prior to buying them so I would say that is my priority.
  2. I would much prefer better quality, higher-end products.
  3. No, functionality is the sole role why I purchase an accessory. Looks would be secondary.

1)    Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?
IF YES: What is your top priority when choosing accessories for your truck? (Quality/Price/Look/Reviews)

Yes. My top priority when choosing any accessory or upgrade is a combination of all of the above. But, mainly it is the best quality for a reasonable price. I have purchased both inexpensive as well as expensive parts in the past, only to have them fail for various reasons. I have also purchased inexpensive parts that have outlasted and outperformed the more expensive ones. Research is good, and reviews are but another tool to use. I would also say that I use only OEM or better-quality parts on all of my vehicles and tend to keep them 10 to 20 years – sometimes longer.

2)    Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)

That is a loaded question. Sometimes the negative reviews are not about the quality of the part. But rather the service or lack of. Or bad packaging, which results in receiving damaged product. Or the return policy, or lack of a decent warranty. Having said all that, my answer is No, I will always purchase the better-quality product… or do without. However, sometimes the higher-end, better quality products do not justify the high price that is asked for them. Sometimes you can find higher-end, better quality products in no-name boxes for less dollars too.

3)    Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?

No, I will not. If there is no quality and it does not perform as advertised, then looks do not matter.

IF YES: What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck? (Quality/Price/Look/Reviews)  --Yes,   something that will make it more functional and not rattle off on a dirt road.  
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)  --Sometimes, depends on the r reviews and the cost difference. 
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?  Nope!

IF YES: What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck? (Quality/Price/Look/Reviews)

YES! Of course, that’s what the AMERICAN male does. We buy something, then we accessorize to suit our tastes. I just bought s 2015 Suburban and now it is time to make it mine. The Cube-X lights will look great and help this truck to look like my truck.

2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)

NO. I research and look at reviews. I look at reviews on the looks, durability, and install. I find many of the less expensive items just don’t pass muster.

3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?

NO. Looks matter, but functionality matters. ie: back in the day, fake hood scoops looked good but I had the have functional scoops.

1. Yes, I have modded motorcycles, cars, trucks.... you name it.  My top priority is always quality (which tends to be predicated by solid reviews).  Good quality products tend to yield good reviews.
  2. This depends on the product, but ultimately I am always willing to spend a little more for a product that functions flawlessly.  Also, for better or worse, I am a review hunter.  If I see a slew of negative reviews about a certain aspect of a product, I will evaluate the individual validity of each review and proceed accordingly... typically I'm moving on to something else.
  3. NO!  Form follows function.

Nothing is worth doing if you aren't going to do it right the first time...

1)  Of course!!! Isn't every man interested in modifying his truck? And I go for quality, reviews, price, looks.

2). No, quality is priority. 

3). No, function not fashion is the way of a modified life.

IF YES: What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck? (Quality/Price/Look/Reviews) Yes, my top priority is quality and then I look at price.
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO) no, I always look at reviews on products. I’m not a price driven customer more of a quality driven customer. 
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?  One of my priorities is that it looks good on my truck. Then I look at quality and how long it’ll hold up. And then I look at price.

Email me at [email protected] 

1) Yes, I am interested in accessorizing my truck. Nothing too crazy but I like to do a few subtle changes to make mine stand out from the crowd a little bit. My top priorities that I consider when choosing a product include price, quality and the reviews.

2) When shopping for an item, it is rare that I would sacrifice quality for cost. You get what you pay for.

3) No, I would not buy just on looks. If it has to look the part, it has to play the part in my opinion.

1. As a rule of thumb, I order my vehicles from my local dealer as close to my 'ideal' as the factory offers. After I place the build order with GM, I begin research on the accessories I want to add to finish the vehicle off to exactly the way I want it.

So YES, I am interested in accessorizing my vehicles and I usually have the desired accessories waiting in my shop before the vehicle is built and delivered to the dealer.

My top priority is quality of the part, since I do all my own wrenching, I off-set the price by doing my own install.

2. NO, I would not purchase something cheaper if it had negative reviews regardless of how good it looks or how cheap the price  is.

3. NO, I would not purchase something based purely on how good it looks, I am looking for long term reliability of any upgrade I do.

Archived