Speedometer adjustment 2016 2500HD

I have a 2016 Chevy 2500HD, that has 37” tires.  I got a ticket the other day for 87MPH when I had my cruise set at 75MPH.  What model of speedohealer do I need to buy?

i contacted Healtech and they replied: To confirm compatibility, we need to know whether your car has a speedometer sensor mounted on the gearbox or elsewhere, and is it 2-wire or 3-wire sensor.

thank you,

Bruce, Dallas, TX

Not sure, but the dealer used a Hypertech speedometer calibrator on my 1500 when I swapped wheels/tires on mine. Only thing the Hypertech then does is the speedo it’s not a tuner (most all tuners will do this also). Plugs into the OBD 2 port, asks some basic questions, recalibrates speedo, unplug, and done. Works for tire size and/or gear ratio changes. I’ve checked mine against several different GPS units it’s pretty much dead on. The Hypertech only works on 1 vehicle at a time but if you set your vehicle back to stock you can use it on another/next truck.

Thanks for the reply!  2 dealerships here in the Dallas area have both acted like I was speaking a Martian language when I mentioned re-calibrating the speedometer after tire size changes.  I will research the hypertech tool, and maybe do it myself.

If anyone knows if this is a 2 or 3 wire sensor though, please let me know.  If I find out, I'll post my own answer.

Archived