Heater Hose Quick Disconnect

Simple, it speeds up the assembly process. They don't have to worry about the cost for you to replace the hose after the truck is yours. Are you referring to the watr pump fitting or the intake manifold fitting? If your hose is needing replaced, check the fitting on the manifold too. The original fitting is prone to leaking and is also prone to breaking when removed. You may want to consider replacing the fitting with the GM new process replacement (won't break) before you have a problem. Be careful not to damage the aluminum lower manifold.

It is the intake manifold fitting. That is the only one that has quick disconnect on my Tahoe. It started leaking. It was the hold down latch, it broke loose and then it had a slow leak. I replaced the fitting today. Part cost about $12 at Autozone. I didn't replace the hose. Have to go to dealer for that part. The only quick disconnect on the vehicle is at the manifold. The water pump hose is not quick disconnect. You use a clamp on it and the hose ends that go into the heater are clamps. The Tahoe is 6 years old and has about 47K miles on it. Has the original hoses and antifreeze. The orange stuff that is suppose to be good for 100K. tt

Archived