Does Chevy Really Make the "Longest Lasting" Trucks? New Study Helps Answer Burning Question

Gorehamj

In the early 80s when gas prices got crazy we bought a few small Toyota P/Us. We pretty much parked our full sized P/Us. They were loaded with fuel tank, air compressors toll boxes. We’d beat them down ROWs pulled them through ditches, mud holes with our clearing tractors. Then drive them up to a hundred miles back home. They never broke down. We used them for years while we waited for more gas friendly full-size pickups. Later some were used as part runners, teenagers first vehicle and spare rides. They were unbreakable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take one Statistical analyst class and you will fully understand none of these claims are right nor are they wrong...

I was taught how to take the same Data sample and come up with any result I desired.

So if Ram was paying me I could get the favorable results. If GM paid me I could get them favorable results. and so on and so on..

All I learned form those courses was the above and I hated Stats....

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve owned a couple of Honda’s and a gaggle of Toyota’s.  Whatever we want to say, I’ve never heard the term “bullet proof” describing my GMC or previous F150 products.  Lots of rationalizing, but the Japanese products still have an upper hand in product quality/reliability.  My opinion, of course.

We cannot forget this is ADVERTISING.   Some PR wonks in some dog-and-pony presentation to the execs were able to convince them that we drove the [fill in the blank] trucks.   Yay!