2018 Silverado, 100 miles, broken down.

First time poster, just purchased a 2018 Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L Centennial yesterday. Just read through the entire 43 page "$50 and under mods" thread last night and ordered a bunch of goodies! Super excited to be a Silverado owner, until what happened today...

Not even 100 miles on the truck and it broke down. Was driving down the road at 50mph and the entire truck started to violently shake. I let off the gas, and put it into 4x4, thinking it was an issue with the transmission, gearbox, whatever. Then put it back in 2 wheel drive. At this point the truck had almost no power and I could barely accellerate. Check engine light was flashing and traction control light was on. Turned the truck off, let it sit for a minute then turned it back on. It was making a very loud ticking noise at a rate of about 3 or 4 ticks per second. Luckily there was a dealer 1/4 mile away so I idled to the service department. I was actually on the way to get a Roll-N-Lock installed at their headquarters. The time was 4:45PM, nobody could help, no techs, no loaner car. Service advisor had no solutions. They wouldn't even run an OBDII scanner on it just to see what the issue was. Had to ask for the GM, which he got me an Uber to the dealer I purchased the truck where they gave me a demo car to take home. I'm hoping theres no long term damage done.

IMG_20180404_193750_01.jpg

Edited by ChristopherDB

Holy crap 100 miles now that IS disappointing. You might want to go buy a lotto ticket, you should be like super lucky now that you have used up all your BAD luck....    If they replace the truck for you get a std length bed if you have room in your garage I think they look better.   

IMG_3425.JPG

You're not the first to tell me to buy a lotto ticket. I'll be doing that tomorrow! I agree, the standard length bed is what I would have wanted but I was so stuck on getting the Centennial package and nothing else that I couldn't get it with a standard bed. Even with the short bed, it sticks out of my garage by 2 feet which is a bummer because between the sun in Florida, hurricanes, rain, and sprinklers, it's hard to keep it clean.

• Like 1

You're not the first to tell me to buy a lotto ticket. I'll be doing that tomorrow! I agree, the standard length bed is what I would have wanted but I was so stuck on getting the Centennial package and nothing else that I couldn't get it with a standard bed. Even with the short bed, it sticks out of my garage by 2 feet which is a bummer because between the sun in Florida, hurricanes, rain, and sprinklers, it's hard to keep it clean.

Beautiful color combo. I hope they can troubleshoot the problem and fix it or offer you a different truck. Man I know you and the ole lady is pissed. Good luck, keep us posted on the repairs or replacement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds a lot like the afm lifter issue, but only after a 100 miles??

Hopefully it is something small like a plug wire that worked it's way off the plug, I have seen that issue many times on this website over the last few years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, southern_sierra said:

I was going to say since it was a chevy 100, maybe it was only good for a 100 miles.:smash:

Centennial edition...I would think it should be good for 100 YEARS! Lol

Glad it was a simple fix.

On 4/6/2018 at 6:22 AM, MixerDriver said:

Centennial edition...I would think it should be good for 100 YEARS! Lol

Glad it was a simple fix.

Nope just ? miles...

6 hours ago, ChristopherDB said:

After speaking with GM corporate I was offered a $750 accessories gift card. Now I just need to find something to buy. Too bad I can't use it on an extended warranty.

NICE! 

13 hours ago, Loco-diablo said:

Beautiful truck! Congrats!

Take that credit and get a set of the OEM mud flaps. They look great IMO!

Thank you all, I'm loving it.

My dad told me the exact same thing. I went on Chevy's website looking for the mud flaps but there are several different ones. Which part# is the best?