2018 Silverado, 100 miles, broken down.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like the look of mudflaps but I already have two chips in the paint from rocks flying up so I pulled the trigger on the weathertech ones. I didn't want to drill any holes. 

Now I just need to find something else that GM sells so I can burn this gift certificate which is only valid for 90 days and in a single transaction. 

Since you said you were on your way to the Roll N Lock headquarters, I’m guessing it didn’t get done.. atleast that day.  I’m fairly certain GM has covers as well.  Any bed cover that’s handle to open is on the underside is a locking cover nowadays with the tailgates.  Something to consider?

On 4/12/2018 at 8:03 AM, Loco-diablo said:

These are the ones I have. Be aware that they do require drilling, but living where you do, rust is probably not a major issue.

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/2017/Chevrolet/Silverado 1500/rear-molded-splash-guards-in-black-23387354?categoryId=98018

Funny that with a $750 accessory credit that OE mud flaps was the recommended purchase. My 2018 GMC Sierra CC came with them and I couldn’t get home fast enough to take them off before someone I knew saw me. :-)  Those and the front license plate removed within the first 30 minutes of owning my new truck. 

On 4/16/2018 at 7:19 PM, ChristopherDB said:

I don't like the look of mudflaps but I already have two chips in the paint from rocks flying up so I pulled the trigger on the weathertech ones. I didn't want to drill any holes. 

I have the OEM "mud flaps" on mine. Whole truck is still covered in stone chips. Although, I'm sure these GM ones aren't too good at guarding much, probably will have much better luck with the Weather techs. My KO2s, daily commute on gravel roads, and the garbage paint probably don't help much either...

9 hours ago, CCGMC said:

Funny that with a $750 accessory credit that OE mud flaps was the recommended purchase. My 2018 GMC Sierra CC came with them and I couldn’t get home fast enough to take them off before someone I knew saw me. :-)  Those and the front license plate removed within the first 30 minutes of owning my new truck. 

To each his own.. I like the OEM mud guards.

Not a fan of mud flaps.

I suggest floor liners front & back.    Center console tray organizer. Cargo tie down rings.  LED bed lamps.  Bedrug bed liner.   (that is, if you're not going to use the $750 for a bed topper)

12 hours ago, Loco-diablo said:

I’m just kidding around. They provide A lot of protection. I’m in Southern California so I don’t have to worry about road salts and such. 

12 hours ago, Loco-diablo said:

I’m just kidding around. They provide A lot of protection. I’m in Southern California so I don’t have to worry about road salts and such. 

Love the Centennial.

That said, I'm gonna go with a guess of a disloged/spun/failed AFM lifter.  We had a brand new 2018 do this with 40 miles on it, while our dealer driver was coming back with the truck on a dealer trade.  That truck ended up with one whole bank of lifters, lifter guides, a camshaft and the valve lifer manifold assembly.  Almost wonder if the two trucks had engines built at a similar time and date.   

They will fix you up though, and it will run great.  GM will more than likely be wanting those parts back for evaluation, whatever the cause may be. 

Archived