Cruise control “decrease” INCREASES SPEED

After getting back from a 5month deployment, my 2014 Silverado 5.3 2wd, cruise control speed decrease is now increasing the speed. The + acts normal but - is now also speed increase. The battery was disconnected this entire deployment. I’ve reset battery numerous times for hours trying to drain any capacitor I could. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. It was in a cold environment. (Seattle WA)

Mine does this as well and so do a lot of them but it normally increases the speed right after youve used the + button and quickly go back to the - button from what I’ve seen. I haven’t seen any of them do it all the time though, it’s normally random. I haven’t tried to chase it down as it’s probably some software glitch. If yours does it all the time then that’s certainly an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This happens to me anytime I resume cruise control and then decrease speed. Doesn't matter if I hit - right after or 5 minutes after resume, it always increases speed. I don't use cruise enough to let it bother me. I'm guessing a software glitch or electrical problem. 

BTW Stephen, thank you for your service!

GM Cruise controls suck and has for years.  I use it all of the time but the buttons just miss fire some times.

I at one point on my 2002 Grand Prix GTP back in the day actually watched the cruise control respond incorrectly to the button pushes for + -  and resume while scanning with my laptop.

It received the correct switch signal but the Body Control unit respond wrong.

My 1993 Cutlass Supreme was the last GM I owned that the cruise worked like it should have until the day it quit not sure why the car only had 325,000 miles on it. ;)

2005/2007 Colorado's issues, 2010/2013 Traverses issues, 2014/2015 Sierra issues.

It's something they are doing wrong in the coding for sure.

Archived