11 hours ago, revrnd said:

Why would the vendor of the seat makes a difference? Blame it on the interior design team.

Its not about a vender its about a different manufacturer who possibly builds a more comfortable seat

Im not too loving to either truck right now, but im still truly confused how people think the Sierra Looks like a ford. If its the C shaped LED lights, GMC has had those since the Current YUKON, and 2016 Sierras. 

I feel like they should of at least did a LED Projection style like they did with the Silverado though. 

But honestly at the end of the Day the Sierra is still going to have the options that will most likely never be available to the Silverado until the next major redesign. So choose your's wisely.

For me, I'll wait until 2021/2022 for the typical sheetmetal refresh GM always does. It also gives GM time to seriously think about making a Raptor or Power Wagon Fighter. OR I'll just wait to see if the next gen SUV's take my interest.

• Like 1

The Chevy is better looking in the upper trim versions. They now seem to have a bit more aggressive tire than the Wrangler SRA that come on the K2's

That black LTZ is tough and MEAN looking!

Yes the Sierra does sort of have a ford appearance.

The White GMC AT4 does not grow on me.... and it does not have the Wrangler Duratrac tires.

Give me a new 2019 Silverado Trail Boss LT or a Silverado LTZ Z71 any day! :thumbs:

7 hours ago, SilveradoSpartan said:

Here is a teaser of the 2020 HD.

2020-chevroletsilveradohd.jpg

Oh my dear lord! I like what I see with the HD! I’m still waiting for the new HP numbers to come out for the 6.2 and the 5.3. I imagine ford will just beat the numbers again when they redesign though. 

Am not here to bash GM. I grew up with GM cars & trucks & that is all I have owned in the last 20 years. But Chevrolet's design department needs to wake up. 

Coming from a small rural town in IL where people are few & corn fields everywhere. Just am not seeing either the '19 Silverado or Sierra selling at a high rate. 

Those trucks on page 2 of this thread really stand out in a polarizing way. Honestly thinking Ford will widen the sales gap between the F series & the GM twins. 

Granted, could be completely wrong & hope I am. Just do not see the avg farm/construction people really taking after this design. 

Same for the '19 Camaro. Really hope Chevrolet is listening to what the majority are saying about it as well. 

Edited by '01LS1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DaveHC said:

Its not about a vender its about a different manufacturer who possibly builds a more comfortable seat

Vendor/manufacturer/supplier, what ever you want to call the outside company, they build to the OEM's specs & blueprints...

5 hours ago, Nargg said:

The headlights of the Chevy just look so gimmicky to me.  Really not impressed or enthused about them at all.

It will beinteresting to see if they are an improvement lightingwise over the K2XX headlights.

2 hours ago, '01LS1 said:

Am not here to bash GM. I grew up with GM cars & trucks & that is all I have owned in the last 20 years. But Chevrolet's design department needs to wake up. 

Coming from a small rural town in IL where people are few & corn fields everywhere. Just am not seeing either the '19 Silverado or Sierra selling at a high rate. 

Those trucks on page 2 of this thread really stand out in a polarizing way. Honestly thinking Ford will widen the sales gap between the F series & the GM twins. 

Granted, could be completely wrong & hope I am. Just do not see the avg farm/construction people really taking after this design. 

Same for the '19 Camaro. Really hope Chevrolet is listening to what the majority are saying about it as well. 

Been around pickups since my father bought his '75 3/4 ton. I don't think the average truck buyer really give a rip if the truck has 'air curtains' as the 'suit' called that wonderful styling feature.

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Been around pickups since my father bought his '75 3/4 ton. I don't think the average truck buyer really give a rip if the truck has 'air curtains' as the 'suit' called that wonderful styling feature.

The four styling details that stand out to me are the grille/headlight assembly, the air curtains, the sweeping body through the front fender that rolls downward through the door & the lowered mirror location. 

I think you could do any single one of those details & get away with it. The GM faithful will show up with check books. All four combined become polarizing. I think it works really well with the trail boss concept. 

But have to admit am curious what the Silverado would look like with that body line that starts at the headlight was straight & faded out at the fender/door seam & move the mirrors up to their traditional location. 

Completely understand they needed or wanted to make a differentiating design statement & there will be some who love it. Which is great! Guess I keep thinking about the Equinox that was rolled out to their opinion groups that was shunned. 

I don't know. We are all passionate about these vehicles or we would not be discussing them on forums. I hope they sell really well for GM. But glad my truck has low miles with zero issues. :thumbs:

Edited by '01LS1
  • Like 3