Zane

Chevy Gives 2019 Camaro A Huge Makeover - Do You Like It?

2019-Chevrolet-CamaroRSandSS-009.jpg

Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

4/9/18

Say hello to the refreshed 2019 Chevrolet Camaro. Sporting an all new front end and rear tail lights, the updated pony car just might be an acquired taste. 

Whether or not the updated design is appealing to look at (we're divided here at the GM-Trucks.com office), the revised 6th gen is ready to roll with new features and a turbocharged 1LE track model. 

2019-Chevrolet-CamaroSS-004.jpg

2019-Chevrolet-CamaroRS-010.jpg

2019-Chevrolet-Camaro-Turbo1LE-001.jpg

Chevrolet has a decent update in their press release, so we've copied it here instead of just regurgitating it for you:

CHEVROLET INTRODUCES BOLD 2019 CAMARO
New designs, available tech and first-ever Turbo 1LE energize broader lineup

DETROIT — Chevrolet today introduced a reinvigorated 2019 Camaro lineup with distinctive designs, new available technologies and the first-ever Turbo 1LE.

“Lauded since its introduction for its balance of driving fun, refinement and value, the restyled 2019 Camaro reaches even higher with more of the design, technology and choices that customers want,” said Steve Majoros, Chevrolet marketing director for Cars and Crossovers. “It’s a performer with few competitors and a pillar of Chevrolet’s energized car lineup.”

Highlights include:

• Camaro SS now offered with 10L80 10-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission featuring custom launch control and line lock
  • Chevrolet Infotainment 3 systems, including available navigation
  • New available Rear Camera Mirror*
  • New available Forward Collision Alert*
  • Performance-driven design 

The 2019 Camaro’s updated designs are not only striking but also help to improve performance. For instance, the grille details and hood and fascia vents were designed for optimized air flow, either to cool components or help minimize drag or lift. Camaro designers follow the mantra that all elements must not only be beautiful but also enhance performance.

Design highlights include:

• New front-end styling with distinct differences between LS/LT, RS and SS, including the fascia, grille, LED dual-element headlamps and reshaped hood (ZL1 retains its airflow-optimized front-end styling)
  • SS-specific front fascia with “flowtie” open bowtie grille emblem and aero-enhancing air curtains, specific headlamps with new LED signature and extractor-style hood
  • RS Appearance Package available on LT adds unique polished black grille with Galvano Chrome lower inserts, new LED headlamps with LED signature light bar, specific rear fascia with rear diffuser and 20-inch wheels
  • New rear fascias for all models, with specific diffusers on RS and SS when equipped with Dual Mode Exhaust
  • New LED taillamps with a more sculptured evolution of Chevrolet’s signature dual-element design; red lenses are featured on LS and LT, with RS, SS and ZL1 featuring dark-tinted neutral-density lenses
  • New 20-inch wheel designs on RS and SS

Turbo 1LE
The new Camaro Turbo 1LE joins the V6 1LE, SS 1LE and ZL1 1LE to round out Camaro’s lineup of 1LE track stars. Leveraging the impressive performance and ideal weight distribution enabled by Camaro’s 2.0L turbocharged engine, the Turbo 1LE comes exclusively with a six-speed manual transmission and a tailored chassis package derived from the V6 1LE to offer track-capable performance.

Highlights include:

• FE3 suspension with larger diameter front and rear stabilizer bars, specifically tuned dampers, stiffer rear cradle bushings and cross-axis ball joints in the rear tow links that enhance lateral stiffness
  • Split front/rear summer-only tire sizes: P245/40R20 (front) and P275/35R20 (rear)
  • 2.0L turbo engine with 275 hp (205 kW) and 295 lb-ft of torque (400 Nm)
  • Brembo brake package with low-metallic performance pads
  • Nearly 50/50 weight balance
  • Driver Mode Selector with Sport Mode and new Track Mode; Competition Mode (within Sport and Track Modes) includes performance instrument readouts, launch control, shift lights and more
  • Standard sueded flat-bottom steering wheel and shift knob plus available Recaro seats
  • Camaro tech: next-generation infotainment, rear camera mirror and more

The 2019 Camaro offers Chevrolet’s next-generation Infotainment 3 with all-new systems that provide a more personalized experience and a more intuitive interface.

They’re the most advanced infotainment systems ever from Chevrolet, with functionality that mimics the latest smartphones and tablets, and cloud connection designed to enhance personalization, available navigation, voice recognition, apps and more. They even allow vehicle software updates to be automatically uploaded over the air.   

The standard system features a 7-inch-diagonal color touchscreen. An 8-inch diagonal touchscreen running Infotainment 3 is available, including one with navigation.

Additional new technology features and enhancements include:

• Standard Rear Camera Mirror on 2SS and ZL1 models offers a wider, less obstructed field of view using a camera display that eliminates potential obstructions such as rear body pillars or seat headrests; a conventional rearview mirror view is also available
  • Improved standard rear-vision camera system* with a new, digital high-definition camera that offers improved view quality
  • Forward Collision Alert joins Camaro’s roster of available active safety features
  • Enhanced Performance Data Recorder system

2019-Chevrolet-CamaroSS-002.jpg

2019-Chevrolet-CamaroSS-003.jpg

2019-Chevrolet-CamaroSS-006.jpg

2019-Chevrolet-CamaroSS-007.jpg

2019-Chevrolet-CamaroSS-008.jpg

2019-Chevrolet-CamaroSS-005.jpg

I love it.  

Very nice!

I really like the blue one.

i like it but the front needs to be color matched and the bowtie needs to move back up

**from a jalopnik comment 

paintedfrontcamaro.jpg

• Like 2

It's not terrible.

.................What?  

Meh.  Chebby really screwed the pooch from the getgo with these by not making them truly retro.  If they'd brought back the Camaro to look as much like a 69 as humanly possible they still wouldn't be able to keep them in stock.  IMHO Dodge was the only one to really get it right with the Challenger.  It's a decent looking car but I'll be eternally let down 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Kinda take it or leave styling. Not bad but not a improvement in looks really.
Get rid of the stupid four banger though. What's the point of it's not a v8?? In a muscle car anyway. 

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Edited by michigan2500hd
Misspelled
  • Like 1

This happens when you don't lock your cars up for the night. I think Chevrolet mated with a Toyota Camry.

• Like 2

It’ll grow

I'm not soo into sports cars.

But if I had to choose it'd be a Camaro, for sure.

Great looking car.

so long

j-ten-ner

First two tail lights, then three (Like the 69), then back to two. I wish they would make up their mind. I think it is starting to look a lot like the Ford Mustang in the front. (Headlights primarily, with a Lexus grill)

Did they mention there was a 1LE "TURBO" V8? I didn't hear any sound on the videos, but the text seemed to imply that all the 1 LE engine choices were Turbo Charged, didn't it?

I wonder if they broke through the 700 hp barrier yet.

Further, if you are going to put the effort and expense in for a Trans-brake, why the heck doesn't it offer a "line lock" at the same time????????? UGH!

Does no one at Chevy understand the procedure in Drag racing? (Maybe there thinking the Camaro will just do a 2/3 track burnout like the Nitro cars)

Are they implying that they can beat the Demon in the quarter mile now?

If you all heard sound on the video's please clue me in, I didn't

Thanks,

Ty O'Neal

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Bkapanka
      I just bought my first newish truck, being the 2014 Silverado 2wd z71 lt. It’s got the crew cab with 5.3l under the hood. I’m currently stationed at ft Stewart ga. 

Im just looking for some help or some advice on some upgrades I’d like to do to this truck and which products might be the best.

- I’d like to change the headlights and fog lights from stock.
      - Put a leveling kit and some new (bigger) a/t tires on it and not sure what size being
      2wd.
      - Change to an aftermarket air intake.
      - Do something about the shitty stock speakers (without Bose). Wether it be new door speakers and sub(s). Or be just subs and have a separate amp just for door speakers. Do I need a processor to hook up to stock 8” head unit.
      - How do I add any app or navigation to this stock 8” head unit
      - Exhaust?
      - How to get more performance from the truck.

Anything would help,

Thanks
    • By Merle vanGennip
      Heya folks,
      I have come across a 1993 chevy silverado 3500 with a swapped engine (502) I have little to no experience with cars. I've been looking at it with a mechanic who is considerably more experienced having worked on Cummins Diesels for a transport company. He's working on a truck of his own. I was trying to help him out by figuring out the firing order we've tried various ones, It doesn't appear to be misfiring but I have little experience with v8's so i'm not sure what a 502 or a 454 should sound like firing order-wise. I'd happily post a recording. Truck also has injection issues which means it needs a bit of help every time to start. It's also currently stuck in limp-mode as it will not exceed 1800rpm's. The computer has been 'tampered' with, presumably when the block was changed. It's currently with another mechanic who has a diagnostic system. 
      Basically, I was hoping someone could post the firing order of a 502 and I could check when I get her back from the mechanic.
      Thank you all in advance
    • By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
      4/13/2018

Polaris is adding some umph to the Ranger Crew for 2019. The new Crew XP1000 features the same 82-horsepower 2-cylinder engine from the 2019 Ranger XP1000 but can haul around nearly twice as many people. With 6 person capacity, the Ranger Crew XP1000 can move people, equipment, or just about anything. We previously reviewed a long term Ranger XP900 and loved every minute. How can you go wrong with better styling, a new interior, and MORE power? You can't

Here's the press release from Polaris and a few videos showing off the main features of the 2019 Ranger XP1000 and Ranger Crew XP1000. 

Polaris® Introduces Completely Reinvented 2019 RANGER CREW® XP 1000

Fueled by More than 100 Owner-Inspired Improvements, the All-New RANGER CREW XP 1000 Sets the New Standard for Six-Passenger Utility Side-by-Sides
      More Rugged. More Refined. More RANGER.™
      More Rugged: 82 Horsepower, Industry-Leading 13 Inches of Ground Clearance and 1,750 Pounds of Payload Capacity
      More Refined: All-New Interior with Unmatched In-Cab Hauling and Comfort for Six
      More RANGER: More than 100 Owner-Inspired Improvements, Standard One-Year Warranty and 200-Plus Accessory Options

Minneapolis (April 10, 2018) – Polaris RANGER®, the industry’s No.1-selling utility side-by-side vehicle, today introduced the completely reinvented 2019 RANGER CREW® XP 1000, setting the new standard for six-passenger utility. It brings added passenger and payload capacity to the world’s HARDEST WORKING. SMOOTHEST RIDING.® side-by-side. Fueled by more than 100 owner-inspired improvements, including best-in-class power, towing, ground clearance and payload capacity, the all-new RANGER CREW XP 1000 redefines what a six-person utility machine can do.
      “After 20 years of building more than one-million RANGER vehicles, we know what it takes to deliver industry-leading innovation. The all-new RANGER CREW XP 1000 embodies our ongoing commitment to improving the owner experience and surpassing their lifestyle needs,” said Chris Musso, president of Off-Road Vehicles, Polaris. “This machine delivers an unparalleled balance of capability and comfort, offering the ultimate solution for any job that requires more people and more gear.”
      Best-in-Class by Any Measure
      The 2019 RANGER CREW XP 1000 is the undisputed king of six-seat utility side-by-sides. It has been engineered to outwork the competition, starting with the ProStar® 1000 power plant, which generates a class-best 82 horsepower. All that power is turned into productivity with a massive 2,500 pounds of towing capacity – 500 pounds more than the closest competitor. When the job calls for a full crew, the machine effortlessly hauls up to six people and their gear with an industry-leading payload capacity of 1,750-pounds.
      Much more than just a workhorse, the all-new RANGER CREW XP 1000 builds on the legendary ride and handling RANGER is known for. It boasts up-to 13 inches of class-leading ground clearance and more durable, 27-inch, 6-ply tires to conquer the toughest terrain. With an unrivaled 11 inches of suspension travel courtesy of RANGER CREW-specific shocks, the ride stays ultra-smooth even when the land is not. Thanks to a 10-percent tighter turning radius and standard EPS, drivers can navigate tight confines with precise control.
      Unmatched In-Cab Refinement
      Drivers and passengers alike will appreciate the entirely reimagined in-cab experience of the RANGER CREW XP 1000. The cut-and-sew seats are thicker and more durable to provide all-day comfort, while entering and exiting the vehicle is made easier with an additional five inches of clearance for both front and rear passengers. A new digital/analogue gauge delivers information to the driver at a glance.
      The vehicle’s innovative interior design allows riders to haul more gear with new flip-up front and rear passenger seats, plus a new under-seat pass-through for hauling items that require more space. It boasts an expansive 19 gallons of in-cab storage, including 8 cup holders and a huge double glove box.
      Built for the Long-Haul
      The all-new RANGER CREW XP 1000 is also proven to be tougher, stronger, and more durable. It features dozens of durability improvements, including a more rigid, one-piece chassis, a completely redesigned heavy-duty PVT clutch system, a full-body skid plate, and sealed suspension bushings – all backed by a standard one-year factory warranty.
      Off-Road Climate Control
      When the weather turns harsh, ride in comfort in the RANGER CREW® XP 1000 NORTHSTAR HVAC Edition. This special edition features a factory-installed heating and air conditioning system and the new, premium RANGER Pro Shield™ cab system –proven to have three-times better dust protection than competitive OEM offerings. Larger sealing surfaces and new gaskets help keep the controlled temperature in and dust out, while both front and rear ventilation provides better airflow and comfort for all passengers.
      Next-Level Accessory Integration
      The RANGER CREW XP 1000 takes accessory integration to new heights. The industry’s largest stock front bumper includes an integrated Polaris Glacier® plow mount as well as mounting points for lighting accessories and a Polaris winch – now featuring industry-first Rapid Rope Recovery technology. Additionally, the Polaris Pulse™ electrical system allows for plug-and-play installation of Polaris Engineered™ powered accessories.
      With more than 200 options available, Polaris Engineered™ accessories – which have been designed, tested and validated with the machine – make it easier than ever to customize the RANGER CREW XP 1000 for any work or recreation application. For example, the RANGER Pro Shield™ cab system offers more than 1,800 customizable configurations; and Pro Armor Harvester® tires, developed in partnership with Pro Armor® specifically for RANGER, feature triple-belted sidewalls, a 10-ply rating and a 5,000-mile tread life.
      Offered in Sage Green, Sunset Red Metallic and Polaris Pursuit® Camo, the all-new RANGER CREW XP 1000 will be available in dealerships starting in late April. Even with the 100-plus owner-inspired improvements, the machine starts at $16,299 US and $19,999 CAN.
    • By Zane
      It's never too early to start talking about the process of shopping around for a dealer, pricing, the ordering process, deposits, and production delivery times.  Although we're still months away from orders being accepted, this thread is meant to be a place where everyone can check in and share their experiences as they go through the process. 

I'm also going to document as many important dates in this initial post as I can. I'll attempt to keep everyone up to date on start of production, any ordering limitations, and when the ordering system will go live. 

NEW UPDATES AS OF: April 12th, 2018

T1XX-  2019 Chevrolet Silverado and 2019 GMC Sierra - Important Ordering / Production Dates

Pre-Production:  NOW - Captured Test Fleet Production Confirmed as of March 31st.
      Fleet Order Entry Avaliable On
      Crew Cab: 4/26/18 Double Cab:  6/21/18 Regular Cab: TBD Retail Initial Consensus Month
      Crew Cab: May 1st Double Cab:  August 1st Regular Cab: TBD Initial Dealer Order Submission Process (DOSP)
      Crew Cab: 5/17/18 Double Cab:  8/16/18 Regular Cab: TBD Production Start Up For Dealer Delivery
      Crew Cab: Quarter 3 - July/August/September Double Cab: Quarter 4 - October November December Regular Cab: TBD  
      This post will be updated whenever new information becomes available. Please contact me if you can help clarify any of these dates.