Chevy Gives 2019 Camaro A Huge Makeover - Do You Like It?

Zane

I did see the "Line-Loc", thank goodness.

Here is why it seemed to imply a "Turbo" added to all the track cars.

"The new Camaro "Turbo 1LE joins" the V6 1LE, SS 1LE and ZL1 1LE to round out Camaro’s lineup of 1LE track stars."

It doesn't say the "2.0 liter Turbo 1LE joins" the others, just the "Turbo 1LE" joins the above mentions engines. (Dangling participle issue?)

Look forward to any comments.

Thanks,

Ty

I think the Turbo needs to go away and they just stick to V-8s and yes that new front end does look a little like the car is "smiling" at you, but I do like the other changes..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Klutch said:

Meh.  Chebby really screwed the pooch from the getgo with these by not making them truly retro.  If they'd brought back the Camaro to look as much like a 69 as humanly possible they still wouldn't be able to keep them in stock.  IMHO Dodge was the only one to really get it right with the Challenger.  It's a decent looking car but I'll be eternally let down 

Can't say I disagree about the Camaro but...the early retro Mustang nailed it better than the Challenger.....then went south in the race to 'look like everyone else' they all do now. 

16-18 looks like it's going to eat everything in front of it.

2019 looks like it got some asphalt stuck in the giant gap between its teeth.

When I was deciding to buy mine or wait, I kept thinking (what if it DOES look like the new bumblebee.....every TF movie has forecasted the next camaro after all). Only thing I really wanted is still missing. Auto cruise control.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

I think Chevrolet missed the mark (again). 

The 5th Gen nailed it, in a lot of ways with some retro styling cues, but still moved the ball forward. There was a huge swell among car enthusiasts, The price was right and they moved a ton of them. Now I understand they had a lot longer to develop the 5th Gen, and since there wasn't a current model, they could release many prototype pics and not hurt current sales. 

Even though the 5th Gen hit a home run with the outward appearance, there was still room for improvements. Yes, Chevrolet cut weight with the 6th Gen, which was a no brainer, but after that, they decided to start going to far to other side of the spectrum with designs that looked too modern. I am not going to chastise  them for pushing the envelope, but clearly they missed the mark.

To me both the 2016 and 2019 versions of the car, do not bring to mind "Camaro". The only thing that defines it as a Chevrolet is the bow tie. You remove the bow tie and it looks like a KIA, Lexus or Subaru. Maybe this is the genius thinking at Chevrolet to get some of that market?

I think you stick with what your good at, building muscle cars!

Look at Dodge, hardly doing anything (looks wise) with the Challenger. A small tweak here and there and then adding a ton of power. They know who their customer market is and what they want.  Is it a heavy, nostalgia looking, power monster? Yes. 

If I had my wish, I would tell Chevrolet to go back make another different retro version of the car, with light weight materials, but maybe a different belt line and more glass so visibility is improved. If you really want to garner some excitement, make a true 2 door hardtop this time with rear functional windows that go down. The power side is great, keep making small (or big) improvements there. But if you want to sell many cars, you have to have a look that is going to really get your hard core Camaro fans on board.

Nothing is going to accomplish that unless it conjures up visions of the first gen. 

Al Oppenheiser I hope you start putting as much time into the Camaro as the General invests in the Corvette. From where I sit it looks like lipstick on a pig. 

Thats my 2 cents

Oh BTW I own 2 69 Camaros, and was totally excited by the introduction of the 5th gen. I still like my 2010 SS. There are many first gen owners out there who felt the same and ponied up the money for the 5th gen. There are many people who could not afford to get a first gen, and bought a 5th gen because it reminded them of the first gens. This is the market Chevrolet leaves behind with these poor designs.

7 hours ago, BULLITT65 said:

Oh BTW I own 2 69 Camaros, and was totally excited by the introduction of the 5th gen. I still like my 2010 SS. There are many first gen owners out there who felt the same and ponied up the money for the 5th gen. There are many people who could not afford to get a first gen, and bought a 5th gen because it reminded them of the first gens. This is the market Chevrolet leaves behind with these poor designs.

Huh? I have had a few first gen, I think you got that backwards. No one is paying 45-50k for a 1969 SS unless its mint or you like getting ripped off. You can get one in excellent shape for 30-35K.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

Its to happy for me. I feel like its a bubbly chick car wanting to hold my hand. 

I am very glad I have a 2015 Z28. Much more aggressive looking and ready to tear you up, not cuddle. 

Wonder if they are trying to make it appeal to more of a tuner car market. It looks more like a Honda or Toyota. 

Yuck. My plan was to buy an SS 1LE next spring but based on the frontal lobe on this refresh looks like I'll have to buy earlier and get a 2018.   Yeah, the bow tie among other things, needs to go back onto the grill. 

What's with the auto manufacturers making muscle cars look "fish-esque" of late?
Mustang looks like a Carp and now the Camaro looks like a guppy. My 98 Z28 was kinda ugly too now that I think about it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On 4/9/2018 at 1:51 PM, 14tungstenLT said:

i like it but the front needs to be color matched and the bowtie needs to move back up

**from a jalopnik comment 

paintedfrontcamaro.jpg

I 10,000% agree with you.  This is how this car should be.

2 hours ago, SnakeEyeSS said:

Here is a fixed version that we will hopefully see in 2020. 

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10142470&postcount=28

Take my money!!!