Chevy Gives 2019 Camaro A Huge Makeover - Do You Like It?

Zane

12 hours ago, SnakeEyeSS said:

Huh? I have had a few first gen, I think you got that backwards. No one is paying 45-50k for a 1969 SS unless its mint or you like getting ripped off. You can get one in excellent shape for 30-35K.

My point is hardly anyone is going to go out and get a first gen camaro and spend at least 20k for a secondary car that they won't be able to use as a daily driver, if needed. It is much more practical to get into a new Camaro SS especially when you figure in financing is easier to get. BUT who is going to do it if the car is ugly? (nobody, except the tuners *maybe). The only saving grace about a ugly 6.5 gen is it makes my first and 5th gen more desirable...

I like the base front end better than the SS... The SS looks like it got inspiration from a Trogan helmet. 

raf,750x1000,075,t,e5d6c5:f62bbf65ee.u6.

I like the tail lights a little bit more than the current car tho.

On 4/9/2018 at 6:11 PM, Klutch said:

Meh.  Chebby really screwed the pooch from the getgo with these by not making them truly retro.  If they'd brought back the Camaro to look as much like a 69 as humanly possible they still wouldn't be able to keep them in stock.  IMHO Dodge was the only one to really get it right with the Challenger.  It's a decent looking car but I'll be eternally let down 

I had a 69 Camaro BBC and I agree 100%; the 67 to 69 was a special generation of bow ties.. SBC to BBC, there was something for everyone..

Judging by the number of Ma Mopar's retro look cars I see on the road; Ma hit a home run which proves your point.

Not a huge fan of the front end on any of the models in the 6.5 Gen.  I do like the taillights though.  This is a bummer since I am currently saving a slush fund for an SS 1LE (or something else super sporty, manual trans, RWD) and want to pay cash.  Although the 6th Gen now looks a tad boy-racerish, I like it better then the 2019 models.  I was hoping little would change with the design and not have to start looking earlier for a 6th Gen now.  Oh well.  Maybe once I see it in person I might change my mind, but not digging the Transformers look so far.  Should be interesting to see how they incorporate the 1LE aero bits into the 6.5 change.  Looks like they have tinkered with/added the 1LE 6th Gen wheels on the stock SS though. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like what GM is doing with these like, spartan helmet cheek things on the front bumpers of this, or the silverado. 

Aside from that, it's cute.  At first glance though, I thought it was a mustang. 

edit: I tried to find a picture of what I mean.

$_35.JPG?set_id=2

Edited by Ashleyfox118