Zane

Chevy Teases Photo of 2020 Silverado 3500HD

2020-Chevrolet-Silverado-3500HD-001.jpg

Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

4/10/18

Chevrolet is hitting hard and hitting fast when it comes to releasing their new generation of pickups. First came the 2019 1500 in December, by surprise. Then came the 4500/5500/6500HD chassis cab trucks (not by surprise) last month.

Now Chevrolet is surprising us once again with an extremely revealing photo of the next generation Silverado 3500HD.  Seen above, the picture of the next gen 2020 HD shows off part of the front grille, hood, mirrors, and headlights.

What can we tell? Well, a few things. 

1. The front grill will have a bowtie less option OR the bowtie is lower in the grille (aka 2019 Camaro)
  2. The front turn signals/drl laps will be LED. 
  3. The headlights will be located BELOW the chrome crossbar
  4. A tasteful hood scoop remains
  5. All new towing mirrors are on the way
  6. Marker lights are also most likely LED. 

What do you think?

So far I am pretty excited. It looks great with this cropping, hopefully it will look better overall than the 1500.

Looks good so far. I'm thinking these will be unveiled later this year and go on sale late 1st quarter of 2019.

Less complex. Glad the headlamps are “lower” in the front end. What’s the likelihood of getting a different cab and doors so that equinox puke line can be resolved?

This looks better from little that’s shown.

Sent from device. Excuse errors.

I like it.

The cab lights look nice. I like the three hump center piece, is that style light available anywhere now?

What's been revelaed so far looks great. I'm still sticking to my guns and will drive my 2016 into dust (not very difficult living in the salt Capitol, Michigan.  This new truck will be tempting though.  Are the current marker lights not LED?  I could swear mine are LED but the marker lamps in my mirror caps are regular.

I've got quite the chubby right now...

• Haha 1

Looks good so far. It looks like they will be changing the styling for the 3/4, 1 ton trucks which I like a lot. Always wanted them to be easier to differentiate. Don’t know why just my taste I guess.

I'm sure they won't but I'm praying they bring back the old suicide door ext cab. Not going to lie if they do I may be suckered into buying one. Thats my biggest miss from these trucks. Crew is nice but that ext cab is the best.

i think this maybe a offroad version like the 1500 trailboss because on the new 2019 1500's the only mode gets Z71 in the grill is the trailboss, the LT/LTZ do have a optional z71 offraod package, but these versions do not get that in the grill, only a fender badge.

i think this maybe a offroad version like the 1500 trailboss because on the new 2019 1500's the only mode gets Z71 in the grill is the trailboss, the LT/LTZ do have a optional z71 offraod package, but these versions do not get that in the grill, only a fender badge.

You mean like this25c5829a23d2311fc2824a0a7f48244e.jpg

Grizzly

9 minutes ago, grizzlyltz said:

You mean like this25c5829a23d2311fc2824a0a7f48244e.jpg

Grizzly

Yes, I knows the current generation 2014+ models has z71 in the grill on z71 models but it doesn't appear in the new 2019's only appears on the trailboss

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, silveradonationfan15 said:

Yes, I knows the current generation 2014+ models has z71 in the grill on z71 models but it doesn't appear in the new 2019's only appears on the trailboss

I think all 1/2 tons with the traditional Z71 option get a fender badge like the LTZ they showed https://goo.gl/images/5kEWq4

Edited by newdude

I don't think the Z71 means anything anymore.. not with how badly they have cheeped out on the stuff