Door Edge Protector

I purchased some door edge protection for my 2018 GMC Sierra (Crew / Std Box / 5.3 / 8 Speed) and I was very impressed!  I think the finish looks OEM and installation was very easy, only took about 45 minutes (taking my time).  I'm hoping they stay on, time will tell, but first impressions are that they look great.  I got them on amazon and came as a 32' roll, enough to do the 1 edge of the front doors and 3 edges of the rear doors since there are no corners to break it up.  Just wanted to throw it out there so others could do it too, but I think only black would look good.  The finish is similar to the door seals, so it blends right in while adding protection!

Amazon Link

1.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

When are you ever going to hit the top half of the door, what is that protecting?

We always used a similar edge until 3M came out with their clear film. That is invisible, is cheap, easily replaceable and work on any color; plus they are less susceptible to pealing away over time. We only do about the door handle down and about 6 inches of the bottom.

Tyler

10 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

When are you ever going to hit the top half of the door, what is that protecting?

We always used a similar edge until 3M came out with their clear film. That is invisible, is cheap, easily replaceable and work on any color; plus they are less susceptible to pealing away over time. We only do about the door handle down and about 6 inches of the bottom.

Tyler

Like I said in the post, it was because there were no corners... there wasn't a good place to do the seam so I went all around.

Archived