Updated GM Accelerator Pedal Part Helped With Acceleration and Shifting

16 hours ago, cmatt said:

What’s the build date of your truck? I have a 2015.5 Yukon (6/15 build date) with the 20972082 installed. The OE pedal assembly looks to have been manufactured in early 2015. The 2336231 I just installed tonight has a manufacture date of early 2017.

Mine is a late-build 2015 (I guess you could call it a 2015.5) ....

At least I know they started using the part on 2015s now. I certainly don't want the new part number to be seen as a panacea for acceleration complaints, instead I merely wanted to share my experience of improvement...however small. Hopefully another 2014 owner will try the swap and report. You 2015+ guys just don't know how good you have it, haha.

I have a 2014 and may order the part to try out. Keep you posted

After a couple days driving around I can say that yes I have noticed a difference. It is not a huge improvement but an improvement non the less. I noticed it most when taking a left turn after slowing down but not stopping and then accelerate into the turn. The old pedal it would take about 3 seconds before the truck would go, this drove me nuts and had done it since day one I got the truck in July of 14. With the new pedal installed it has not happened once and I took many left turns and test driving trying to duplicate the dely. I also just tried to drive not thinking about it to see if I would happen to noticed anything. So yes I do think it has helped like the original OP has stated. I have a 2014 Sierra with adjustable pedals with no close pin support behind the plate.

Edited by GMCSierra99
  • Like 1

Ask yourself why GM, or any manufacture for that matter, would go to the expense and trouble of a new part/part# for something that is identical. And the answer is...they would not. There is something different about it and not being able to physically discern that difference means precious little. Money drives these people. They changed something. IMHO. 

• Like 1

Ask yourself why GM, or any manufacture for that matter, would go to the expense and trouble of a new part/part# for something that is identical. And the answer is...they would not. There is something different about it and not being able to physically discern that difference means precious little. Money drives these people. They changed something. IMHO. 

I certainly agree. I’m just trying to be as objective as I can.
  • Like 1

I spoke to my parts guy at my local gm dealer. He said the pedals have to be programmed. So what you guys with the new pedals are feeling may just be the symptom of an I programmed pedal. Possibly the trans shifting a little firmer from the pedal not correlating correctly. He also mentioned that there may be an updated reprogram for the pedal. Im calling today to find out.

Bonjosco3ss,  when you get more info, would you let us know?  I have a '15, but the acceleration has always been a bit anemic, even before upsizing tires.  If a $60 part would fix that, I'd be happy.

If there is programming involved, can the older model be reprogrammed, or is that why (like Grumpy said and I agree with) they came out with the later model pedal?

Bonjosco3ss,  when you get more info, would you let us know?  I have a '15, but the acceleration has always been a bit anemic, even before upsizing tires.  If a $60 part would fix that, I'd be happy.

If there is programming involved, can the older model be reprogrammed, or is that why (like Grumpy said and I agree with) they came out with the later model pedal?

I still havnt had a chance to call. I have to talk to a service manager about the reprogramming. My parts guy told me the pedals needed to be programmed. So I’m thinking that it’s just a non programmed pedal people are feeling. And how it feels better. I could be wrong

Csjumper2003,

OP here, the pedal replacement made the first 1/3 more responsive for me. I really noticed it when I was running a bunch of errands the other day which is why I finally wrote about in the forum. I also have experienced fewer low-speed hectic shifts as a result of this responsiveness. As I mentioned earlier, it's not a complete remedy but it helped.

Does anyone have a factory service manual for one of these trucks who can verify the replacement procedure and see if it mentions needing to program it?

No programming required. It's just a potentiometer. Actually 2
It's true a pot wouldn't need programming, but the computer may need to be recalibrated to the resistance arc on the pot. No two are ever perfectly equal.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk