Replacing Shocks with Bilstein 5100's

53 minutes ago, crushNchowda said:

See attached (the wheels are granite alloy 20" similar size to stock wheels) the stock blocks are 1.25" the replacements are 2.25" I think I got them from ready lift or something - there are a number of vendors that make them. Has some rake to it, doesn't ride w/ a sagging rear even w/ max payload in bed FWIW.

nitto2.png

nitto3.png

nittos11.png

Nice truck! Thanks. Just got my 275/65r18 (of course wish I went bigger but still looks nice). Gonna try to get the bilsteins installed this week and then see how it looks with the trailer attached. If it says too much I’ll get a “add-a-leaf spring” or a 2.25 block for the back.

Nice truck! Thanks. Just got my 275/65r18 (of course wish I went bigger but still looks nice). Gonna try to get the bilsteins installed this week and then see how it looks with the trailer attached. If it says too much I’ll get a “add-a-leaf spring” or a 2.25 block for the back.

Air bags work much better and you can deflate for smoother ride, adding leaf will make your truck ride like poo poo [emoji90]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I really don't like the rake look, plus I don't want the bed to get too high for loading stuff into it (ie with thicker blocks).  I just ordered a set of 5100's and a Firestone Ride-Rite helper spring air bag kit.  I plan to level the truck with the Bilsteins and then if there is any sag while towing or loaded up I can inflate the bags to level it back out.  The kit is 2430 for our trucks and can handle up to 4800lbs (obviously more than the payload of a 1/2 ton) so it should be more than capable.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...