Interior 'courtesy' lights stay on while driving - 2015 Silverado 1500 LTZ

Howdy folks,

I have a 2015 Silverado 1500 LTZ that has an issue I have never seen.  I am at 49,000 miles.  This last weekend I drove to the airport and was away for 3 days.  When I got back from my trip:

1. I unlocked my truck, and as usual, all the courtesy lights come on.
  2. I got in and closed the doors, lights stayed on (specifically, the two dome lights by the sunglasses holder, and the two dome lights above the back seating area).
  3. Started it up, lights stayed on.
  4. Drove 45 miles home, lights stayed on the entire time.  
    1. Pushing the buttons on the lights did nothing (could not turn them off manually).
  5. Parked in my driveway, turned the truck off, lights stayed on.
    1. Eventually they turned off (assumedly thanks to the battery rundown avoidance feature)
  6. This morning, got up to go to work and experienced the same thing (steps 1-5 above).

I have found a number of forum posts from other forum sites regarding this issue, but they are all for older (pre-2014) trucks, and none of them had a solution anyway.  I called my Chevy dealer service department and talked with someone there whom I trust and have been working with for 4 years now - he had no idea. 

Anyone here have any ideas?  Fuses I should try and pull, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by 1/2tonsOfun

yeah man dont sweat it.. took me awhile to find that dumb switch.. my old truck had a knob by the driving light switch.... i too at the beginning would have to open my door to even look around in the dark... lol

2014 same exact issue.  Started on a cold day and now my 2014 thinks the left rear door is open. Door ajar light is on and dome lights stay on.  I would love to understand where this part is that sends the signal from the door, but nothing is exposed. If anyone has replaced or repaired this annoyance I would love to hear it.  BTW it’s not the Wd 40 fix that appears to be popular. It’s not the latch it’s a sensor that is out. Thanks!

Edited by TOB
Misspelling