Blacked out pillars

Do you like it? Then do it... If you don't like it then don't do it... If you want to do what everyone says you should do then put up a poll.

Personally I like it on lighter colors but it isn't my truck. It will be less durable than paint though if you wrap it and probably need to be re-done a time of two over the years.

Tyler

When I had a Ram 1500, the Pillars were wrapped with black from the factory. Everybody on the forums started taking the vinyl off to expose the vehicle color on the pillars haha. I think it looks good either way, just seems we all get the itch to change something thats simple to do to give it a different look no matter what it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it's a nice look especially on double cabs as the windows are kinda small/oddly propitiated... Would I put fourth the effort to do it on my truck.... I am on the fence...

11 hours ago, nitrogd said:

Where can i order them?

I just bought some gloss black 3m vinyl off Amazon and did it myself. I had enough left over to do my bowties on my front, rear, and steering wheel. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2018 at 9:41 PM, CWilliams said:

When I had a Ram 1500, the Pillars were wrapped with black from the factory. Everybody on the forums started taking the vinyl off to expose the vehicle color on the pillars haha. I think it looks good either way, just seems we all get the itch to change something thats simple to do to give it a different look no matter what it is.

Nice truck cwilliams!!  I'd black mine out but I like the color of my truck too much to cover it up. But on your truck, being the color it is, I'd probably do it with a gloss black though, not a flat or matte black. 

Same on the f150 side, everyone wanted color matched pillars now on the GM side everyone wants black pillars.

Stop by a shop that does banners/wraps and ask the installer if they have a piece of black scrap. A twenty dollar bill for a tip and ten minutes later I had mine done. He even tried a few different versions of black until we found our favorite. 

It was a simple install and an easy removal if I tire of it. I think it looks good, for now...

i believe the 2019 trucks are trimmed out with the B pillars already in black

1640632C-D9D4-4BE1-94FC-EDBD5A1BFD69.jpeg