Truck sag while towing

So I hooked up my travel trailer to my 2017 Silverado and I'm not liking the sag very much. I've pulled this camper for 3 years with a Tahoe then a suburban... Both of which had air bags in the rear so they always leveled out after hooking up the trailer.

Think a set of sumo springs will take care of the sag? Never used anything like that before...e647187e52046e1a3e3f3679b4922fee.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That should solve your sagging if set correctly?

2012 2500hd 6.0l CCSB 4wd

I'll get the chains set up and give it a try. The battery needed charged and wouldn't lift up the truck with the charge it had. Charged it last night. Will re post after they are on.

It is definitely better... Still a little sag though.803068259b07c325dff0e57566ab6d64.jpg370e785b8b02002bf0eec24ceafe2be9.jpg

Some sag is ok with a WDH...if you pull too much off, you can unload the rear axle in a panick situation. As long as it's off the bump stops...

Get some 2000lb air lift bags. I mounted a set and tee'd them to one shrader valve mounted in my fuel filler housing. i keep a piece of tubing under my back seat cut to fit between the bag bracket and leaf spring as a height guage. Load everything up, then i just pump it up till my guage slips between and i'm ready to roll. Simple set up and maintainance free. Been on my truck for almost 5 years with no issues in about the most extreme weather conditions possible. Still gotta use a weight distributing hitch though.

• Like 1

Some sag is ok with a WDH...if you pull too much off, you can unload the rear axle in a panick situation. As long as it's off the bump stops...

Yeah there are a couple inches left before the stops. Took the camper out to the camp grounds, and had no issues. I didn't realize the wdh would help that much. Thanks for the recommendation!

is there a clydesdale in the front of that trailer?
Lol it is 33 ft 7200lbs travel trailer. In the front are the kids bunks and storage (mostly fishing poles and camping supplies)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coxryan1 said:

Both of which had air bags in the rear so they always leveled out after hooking up the trailer.

There's your answer right there.  It does look like you have a fair amount of tongue weight, added spring rate in the rear will help your truck handle the load much better.  Sumo springs can certainly help as well and are cheap and easy to install, airbags offer more capability/adjustability but take a bit more effort to install.