GM Floor liner mod

Nice fix for a poor design... My ? is though: given the other options in the market what made you choose these floor liners with a major built in design flaw?

Nice fix for a poor design... My ? is though: given the other options in the market what made you choose these floor liners with a major built in design flaw?

Could have came with his truck. No sense buying something else when you can fix what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Imcrazy said:

They came as part of the all terrain package. I've always had Weathertechs in the past. The GMs fit pretty decent, except for that one glaring flaw.

24 minutes ago, arcticatv said:

They came as part of the all terrain package. I've always had Weathertechs in the past. The GMs fit pretty decent, except for that one glaring flaw.

Ah okay thank  makes sense.. Stupid GM, I dunno why they'd spec that liner like they did..... Good for you for finding a cheap/free fix...

14 minutes ago, bkesting said:

Where did you get the extra pieces and you sewed them on by hand? How hard is that?

I cut the pieces from the rear seat floor liner. It goes way under the under seat storage bin. I sewed it with a sewing awl made for upholstery, and it was very easy.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Imcrazy said:

Ah okay thank  makes sense.. Stupid GM, I dunno why they'd spec that liner like they did..... Good for you for finding a cheap/free fix...

Because somebody in the legal department said so to avoid a potential class action law suit like what happened to Yota a couple years ago. Even though it was later proven not all/some of the “stuck” accelerators where not floor mat related GM apparently isn’t willing to take that chance.

On 4/15/2018 at 10:17 PM, arcticatv said:

I cut the pieces from the rear seat floor liner. It goes way under the under seat storage bin. I sewed it with a sewing awl made for upholstery, and it was very easy.

Just FYI -- others on this forum have trimmed the sill part and used that extra material as well.  If you flip the liners over they are scored with a cut line that still lets the liners cover part of the sill but you can cut them out so they don't cover the logo on the sill.