GM Front and Cargo camera question.

I have a certificate that I need to spend at the dealer for any GM accessories and I want to get a front camera that goes in the front grill. I also want to make sure I have the capability of upgrading the system to add more cameras in the future, such as the side mirror cameras without having to start over.

If I purchase the single front camera system for $399, Part #19366657

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2018-silverado-1500-single-front-camera-system/19366657-p-92297317.html can I add the rear cargo camera later? If so, do I need to purchase the center brake light camera that is $399, Part # 19355216 https://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2018-silverado-1500-center-brake-light-camera/19355216-p-92296686.html

Or can I purchase the cheaper one for $159, Part #19355304

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2018-silverado-1500-optional-3rd-brake-lightchmsl-camera-system/19355304-p-92296689.html

Later on can I add the mirror cameras or does that require a completely different setup?

Thanks,

Christopher 

I would call echomaster, and get the full story. GM dealers do not sell too many of the intellihaul units to be experts at them. I had the mirror, cargo, and wireless remote camera installed at purchase. I did it this way so that they would do a good job installing it on "their truck" before I took delivery of it. Additionally, the entire system is covered by GM's 3yr/36k warranty. Unless the 2018 intellihaul user interface is different than 2017, there is only room for 4 cameras. I would assume that your front camera would go in the slot where my wireless one does.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Might also want to check out MVI (mobile video integration) GM-navigation.com as they do programming for these cameras as well. So might be able to just get your cameras from GM and have then do the programming if their cheaper or have a better/more useable program for your needs or more options like if you wanted video in motion.