Steering wheel bounce

So I started getting a steering wheel bounce at around 60-65 mph then at 80 mph it seems to shake the whole seat. So I get it balanced and nothing took it to another place and same thing finally went to dealer to get road force balanced they determine rims I bought used fuel Mavericks 3 out of 4 were damaged I do have new tires. I go ahead and buy brand new set of xd grenades get them installed $1,037 dollars later guess what the shake is still there I called dealer to see what can we do about the debt I just got into because of there wrong diagnosis and they were no help really frustrated that I cannot find solution and now have a 1,037 debt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dealer will never reimburse you for the $1,037, unless you spend more than that to get an attorney. You should be able to visually tell if the wheels you purchased were damaged, if they are the dealer wasn't wrong and the wheels needed to be replaced anyway. If they aren't actually damaged you can probably have your tires mounted on the Mavericks again and most likely be able to return the grenades and only have to pay a restocking fee of up to $200, better than losing a grand.

As for the vibration there are plenty of threads here about vibration issues. The takeaway; there doesn't seem to be one specific thing that causes the vibration. If you proceed with fixing the vibration you are going to have to do a lot of trial and error and probably spend a significant chunk of money. If you are still under warranty you can have the dealer try and correct the issue but that usually ends in the line of "we couldn't recreate the issue" or "it's normal operation".

The dealer will never reimburse you for the $1,037, unless you spend more than that to get an attorney. You should be able to visually tell if the wheels you purchased were damaged, if they are the dealer wasn't wrong and the wheels needed to be replaced anyway. If they aren't actually damaged you can probably have your tires mounted on the Mavericks again and most likely be able to return the grenades and only have to pay a restocking fee of up to $200, better than losing a grand.

As for the vibration there are plenty of threads here about vibration issues. The takeaway; there doesn't seem to be one specific thing that causes the vibration. If you proceed with fixing the vibration you are going to have to do a lot of trial and error and probably spend a significant chunk of money. If you are still under warranty you can have the dealer try and correct the issue but that usually ends in the line of "we couldn't recreate the issue" or "it's normal operation".

I just went to dealer to get an alignment and road force balance and that’s when I was told rims were bad

Archived