Trouble replacing door lock actuator

• 8 months later...
On 4/17/2018 at 7:16 PM, C4Ranch said:

Having trouble removing the old actuator. It appears to have a cable going to it from the back near the window channel. Is there's a trick to get access to that cable?

TIA,

Did you get this done?  My passenger side actuator just went out...(its been on the fritz for a while now...) how big of a PIA was it to fix?

Did you get this done?  My passenger side actuator just went out...(its been on the fritz for a while now...) how big of a PIA was it to fix?

Yes, I have now done two.
It’s about a 2 hour job. Remove door panel. A little more involved if a lock cylinder is involved (you then have to remove handle and cylinder). Otherwise just unbolt everything and remove part of the window channel then you can get to the line going to the handle.
Part was around $115 on eBay IIRC.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/11/2019 at 9:53 AM, C4Ranch said:

Yes, I have now done two.
It’s about a 2 hour job. Remove door panel. A little more involved if a lock cylinder is involved (you then have to remove handle and cylinder). Otherwise just unbolt everything and remove part of the window channel then you can get to the line going to the handle.
Part was around $115 on eBay IIRC.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks!  to me this means...i wont have all the right tools...and this will turn into a complete weekend job! haha!  thanks for the info, i'll do some youtubing to see if i can find some step by steps to help me along the way