2014 Temporary Loss Of Electric Power Steering (EPS) Recall

I have a 2014 Silverado LTZ that recently has been experiancing this Temporary Loss of EPS... MIne seems to only occur during turns, mainly in reverse and at slow speeds while pulling/backing into a parking spot or doing a K turn... At first I thought it was my 4X4 ingauging on dry streets... Steering gets real hard until I straigthten out and then was normal again... So I Googled it and found the Following Recall From GM...

Has anybody received an official Recall Notice? Has anyone had the software patch completed and if so, how did it work?

Thanks for reading

2014 Silverado Loss of Power Steering Recall .JPG

Search these forums for "G218 ground", "electrical - fixed", and "PIT5405".  You should definitely have the software update done but you will need to convince the dealer to look at that PIT to trace the electrical problems.  If all else fails fix the G218 yourself (it's really easy).  Mine didn't stop having electrical issues until after I checked the ground.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:59 PM, sk said:

Search these forums for "G218 ground", "electrical - fixed", and "PIT5405".  You should definitely have the software update done but you will need to convince the dealer to look at that PIT to trace the electrical problems.  If all else fails fix the G218 yourself (it's really easy).  Mine didn't stop having electrical issues until after I checked the ground.

Thanks... Great Lead... Preciate it..