Tire size?

Anybody running a 2 inch level with 275/65/20's and not rubbing? And if you are rubbing where and how bad?

Sent from my xperia xz premium using Tapatalk

On 4/19/2018 at 3:01 AM, jauldusmc said:

Anybody running a 2 inch level with 275/65/20's and not rubbing? And if you are rubbing where and how bad?

Yes, I ran Duratracs in that size while leveled 2" for a long time.  After zip tying back the fender liners (in the back of the wheelwell) I had no rubbing.

I'm riding on a set of 285/75/18, which is maybe 1/4 to 1/2" taller than the 275/60/20 (I think?).  I have the RC 2.5" lift, which is basically a leveling kit with a short block in the rear, so I think it'd be apples to applesish.

If I'd been smart enough to come read this forum first, I might have just zip tied back the wheelwell felt, but instead I trimmed the wheelwell felt back until they didn't rub.  IF I really turn the wheels to lock, I will get a little rubbing in reverse, but otherwise I am quite pleased with the look and the ride.  

I can probably get some pics of the trimming I did, if that would help.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2018 at 10:47 AM, Slabsides45 said:

I'm riding on a set of 285/75/18, which is maybe 1/4 to 1/2" taller than the 275/60/20 (I think?).  I have the RC 2.5" lift, which is basically a leveling kit with a short block in the rear, so I think it'd be apples to applesish.

If I'd been smart enough to come read this forum first, I might have just zip tied back the wheelwell felt, but instead I trimmed the wheelwell felt back until they didn't rub.  IF I really turn the wheels to lock, I will get a little rubbing in reverse, but otherwise I am quite pleased with the look and the ride.  

I can probably get some pics of the trimming I did, if that would help.

Can you post some pictures of your truck please, I have been looking at this size tire.

Sorry for posting a pic of a dirty truck, but this is real life if you grow up to be one o' my trucks...

IMG_3986.jpg

IMG_3990.jpg

IMG_3989.jpg

2nd and 3rd pics are of the rear of the front wheelwells at full left and right lock.

Edited by Slabsides45

FWIW, AFTER I did all that cutting, I read on here that some people were just zip tying their felt wheelwells back.  I never tried that, but would have preferred that method if it works on this size tire.