So I have a 2014 Silverado LT1, without the Bose system. It has the 4" non touch screen radio, and 6 non Bose speakers. I want to upgrade to the loudest, clearest sounding speakers possible. My local sound store told me Arc Audio was the way to go, and I was hoping some others may have installed some before I do. Looking for feedback and opinions, don't worry about price, I'm just looking for the loudest clearest sound I can get.

14 minutes ago, Clutch Bo said:

So I have a 2014 Silverado LT1, without the Bose system. It has the 4" non touch screen radio, and 6 non Bose speakers. I want to upgrade to the loudest, clearest sounding speakers possible. My local sound store told me Arc Audio was the way to go, and I was hoping some others may have installed some before I do. Looking for feedback and opinions, don't worry about price, I'm just looking for the loudest clearest sound I can get.

Also looking best head unit preferably touch screen. subs too I mean why not

MB Quarts if you don't care about price. 

I love Kickers DS's for quality and price. I have them in several cars. They take a ton of power and sound great. 

I will be putting them in my Sierra after it arrives. 

Alpine makes a 10" replacement head unit and yes you need an amp. 

You should go into the shop and listen to the speakers. What you think sounds great might be different then the shops. Example a lot of shops like Alpine Type R's. I flipping hate them. They have a terrible tin sound and many people online will agree. 

You need to think about what type of sound you like, what type of music and then narrow it down to a few brands. 

I design systems different for the type of car based on what music I will listen to in that car. My 1989 Mazda B2200 mini truck has a way different system then my 1996 Corvette. Yet, my 2015 Z28 has a system very similar to that of the 1996 Corvette and i plan to upgrade it more this summer. 

• Like 1

Just now, truckguy82 said:

focal, hertz, and JL are pretty much the go-to good stuff these days

I am a few years behind the times... I dont like Focal. Never heard of herts and I have never used JL mids. I live there AMPs and Subs. I will be using JL sub and 5-channel amp in my Sierra. 

I have Rockford Fosgate Power Series in my '15... 6x9s (T1693) in the front and 6.5s (T1650) in the rear. (I didn't replace the dash speakers because I can't find a pair that will be an easy replacement that is a noticable quality upgrade)

I'm incredibly happy with them especially for the price. I am not exactly an audiophile but was looking for something that was better than the crap paper cones from the stock speakers.

If you want the "best possible" sound, be prepared to shell out some cash as well as wiring with amps and whatnot.

Good advice above and as mentioned sound is very subjective so listening yourself is always the best bet but since you're asking for opinions my go to brands are Hybrid Audio Technologies, Focal, AudioFrog, Hertz, Dynaudio,  Morel etc. I will be doing a system in a clients truck soon who has the same objectives as yours and when I get asked for as loud as possible with clarity I start with "really good" speakers, install them "properly" and feed then as much power as they will take and then some. In this truck we're gonna put 8's in the front doors,  2 3/4" mids in the dash, tweeters in the sail panels and 6.5's in the rear doors. For subs we are doing 2 JL 13TW5's under the rear seat and close to 2,000 watts of "real" power. 

We are keeping the factory headunit and using a Mosconi processor but if you want a nice deck that doesn't require any cutting of your dash or factory wires you might consider the Alpine x110slv 10" mentioned above.  I have that in my truck and like it quite a bit but if my truck had the 8" screen I would have kept it and used a processor.. Second picture is another truck we did a while back with 3 JL 12tw3's, Audiofrog speakers and about 1800 watts of "real" power from JL HD amps. IMG_1443.thumb.JPG.30cda5b4d9e91169cf7dfe3a97ea9ba2.JPG

IMG_0984.thumb.JPG.f847861b42bae4f868002f43a5ed94ce.JPG

Edited by Marv88
  • Like 3

I replaced the stock speakers with memphis audio and it sounds nicer BUT, regardless of what speaker you install you will need an amp to get them to shine.

I have the 8" non Bose system and even with mine i can tell the speakers aren't getting enough power so im going with the alpine 4x45 booster amp.

With that they should shine as they were meant to be. There are few posts on this method here somewhere.

22 hours ago, Marv88 said:

Good advice above and as mentioned sound is very subjective so listening yourself is always the best bet but since you're asking for opinions my go to brands are Hybrid Audio Technologies, Focal, AudioFrog, Hertz, Dynaudio,  Morel etc. I will be doing a system in a clients truck soon who has the same objectives as yours and when I get asked for as loud as possible with clarity I start with "really good" speakers, install them "properly" and feed then as much power as they will take and then some. In this truck we're gonna put 8's in the front doors,  2 3/4" mids in the dash, tweeters in the sail panels and 6.5's in the rear doors. For subs we are doing 2 JL 13TW5's under the rear seat and close to 2,000 watts of "real" power. 

We are keeping the factory headunit and using a Mosconi processor but if you want a nice deck that doesn't require any cutting of your dash or factory wires you might consider the Alpine x110slv 10" mentioned above.  I have that in my truck and like it quite a bit but if my truck had the 8" screen I would have kept it and used a processor.. Second picture is another truck we did a while back with 3 JL 12tw3's, Audiofrog speakers and about 1800 watts of "real" power from JL HD amps. IMG_1443.thumb.JPG.30cda5b4d9e91169cf7dfe3a97ea9ba2.JPG

I predict your clients wife starts sitting in the back seats.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, truckguy82 said:

I predict your clients wife starts sitting in the back seats.

Lol! I'm guessing you know the story about the 33hz note?! :D

Edited by Marv88
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/19/2018 at 12:15 PM, Marv88 said:

Did you have to raise the back seat any to fit 2 of the 13’s or the 3 12’s underneath the seat? 

On 7/6/2018 at 2:44 AM, Capt.J said:

Did you have to raise the back seat any to fit 2 of the 13’s or the 3 12’s underneath the seat? 

Plenty of clearance for the 13's without raising the seats and I used 13mm Baltic birch to get the correct airspace for the 3 12's without having to raise the seat. It was snug on the 3 12's so the JL grills were installed but in hindsight it may have been a good idea to raise the seat as I recently learned one of the subs was damaged due to lets just say a "larger" size girl in the back seat. :D

• Thanks 1