12v power to 7 pin harness

I have an 09 Sierra with the trailer package. I have no power going to the 7 pin adapter even though the fuse is installed and the cable is hooked up to the pole next to the fuse box. I didn’t check to make sure the fuse is good but it is brand new so I’m hoping it isn’t bad. What else should I look at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an 09 Sierra with the trailer package. I have no power going to the 7 pin adapter even though the fuse is installed and the cable is hooked up to the pole next to the fuse box. I didn’t check to make sure the fuse is good but it is brand new so I’m hoping it isn’t bad. What else should I look at?

Check the fuse, then the 7-blade connector...I want to remember these have issues at times.

2012 2500hd 6.0l CCSB 4wd

You'll need a test light or a meter. A wiring diagram to determine if the power or ground are switched and which blade is what (brakes, turn, etc) . You will also need a guaranteed ground, which might take a long wire back to the battery negative.

Testing takes isolating each wire and testing an alternate route. (Ie test power on all time through the ground blade and direct to battery. Etc, etc, etc

• 2 weeks later...
I thought there were 2 wires needing to be hooked up to the 2 studs in front of the engine bay fuse box, along with the fuse?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I believe he second wire if for a brake controller. It was already hooked up and working correctly.

That is assuming there are only two wires and not a third hidden somewhere.