Just purchased a 1995 Yukon from a guy. Apparently the 4wd has never been used. When we test drove it we checked the 4wd and it worked. Took it out of 4wd drive and drove it home. 

Went to drive it again and about 5 miles down the road the check engine light came on and if you turn the wheel more than half way it feels like there is resistance and weird noise. Checked power steering and topped it off. Started truck and check engine light went out but still has resistance and sound when turning. Any ideas? Actuator? Front rear?

Alldatadiy.com is a subscription service that is pretty close to a factory manual. It would have troubleshooting and diagnostics that may help. It’s around $30 a year I think.

The factory service manual may still be available from Helm, but I’m sure that used copies can be found on eBay and the like.

If the power steering was low (you said you topped it off) then there may be a leak and air in the system. That would impact your steering feel and may be worth looking into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest update! Mechanic looked at it. The 4wd was still locked in. Replaced the actuator and now it is unlocked. However, still driving weird. Mechanic noticed the abs control module was not plugged in. Plugged it in and abs light has come on. Now I need to find another module. Checked online and can't find one to fit...