2016+ Silverado 1500 Hot Red Suggestions

I've had a 2017 Silverado 1500 Crew since October, I've been thinking more and more about switching the wheels. I've gone through the "Post Your Truck" post and have gone through many pages but haven't found the right look especially when it comes to red hot color I have. If I had a black truck then this would be easier but I'm not so certain I want to black it out completely. So in order to get better idea, visual idea, can you guys post some of your ideas, especially if you have pictures your truck in Red Hot color. I have  an LT1 crew cab with OEM running board and chrome grille and bumper. I also want to see how it looks changing the grille to match the color? 

I have the 18" LT All Star edition. I will be adding rough country 2.5" level kit on the front. When I decide on the wheels i'll ask the shop to install the level kits for me. 

Image result for 2017 silverado 1500 lt allstar crew cab

Got this picture off google, but only difference is I have OEM running boards and I have 15% front tint and 10% tint in the rears.

My truck came with Mayhem Assault wheels with red inserts, I didn't run the red inserts for a while but I have put them in now. They look pretty good, I don't have any good pics of the wheels on the truck with the inserts in place.

IMG_1316.JPG

IMG_1399.JPG

IMG_1824 2.JPG

• Like 1

IMO either paint to match or have the grille and bumpers vinyl wrapped in Red Hot.  The all red trucks look sweet.??

Edited by Lgetz
Forgot to mention bumpers

19 hours ago, Geo Morey said:

I have the 18" LT All Star edition. I will be adding rough country 2.5" level kit on the front. When I decide on the wheels i'll ask the shop to install the level kits for me. 

Image result for 2017 silverado 1500 lt allstar crew cab

Got this picture off google, but only difference is I have OEM running boards and I have 15% front tint and 10% tint in the rears.

If these are the same as your wheels, I'd keep them and not use the level kit.  I'd put the money I saved towards leveling shocks (King,Bilstein)  and premium tires.  If I wanted to draw attention to my truck, I'd invest in a custom off road type front bumper powder-coated red.  Any modifications that I do serves a purpose and does not detract from the look.  Outside of this forum, it is incredible how many people will not care about or recognize any changes you make to your truck.  I get compliments regularly on my truck and it looks the same as it did when it came off the lot!  Just make sure you make changes based on what you want and not for the approval of others. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:58 PM, adamj2121 said:

My truck came with Mayhem Assault wheels with red inserts, I didn't run the red inserts for a while but I have put them in now. They look pretty good, I don't have any good pics of the wheels on the truck with the inserts in place.

IMG_1316.JPG

IMG_1399.JPG

IMG_1824 2.JPG

I like the look of this a lot, I really want to find the grill and healight lights in all red to match but can the chrome be powder-coated?

1 minute ago, Geo Morey said:

I like the look of this a lot, I really want to find the grill and healight lights in all red to match but can the chrome be powder-coated?

Thanks! These trucks are sharp in all red, especially if you lift them any amount, of course I'm not really a fan of the looks of any stock height trucks :lol:

The grill, headlights, bumper, etc can all be painted or powder coated if prepped properly. It is typically difficult to find a shop that can or will properly prep the chrome before painting. My advice would be to either vinyl wrap, you should be able to find a vinyl that is very close to Red Hot or to find the parts from a used truck (or, if you feel like spending a ton of money, buy new unpainted grille, headlight trim, and steel bumper and have your favorite body shop paint them)

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎20 at 1:58 PM, adamj2121 said:

IMG_1316.JPG

IMG_1399.JPG

IMG_1824 2.JPG

An old employee of mine has a GMC Kodiak in red with those red Mayhem wheels and red tow mirrors. It really does look awesome and that says a lot because I dislike red personally. I would always want color matched wheels if I bought coloured trucks but for some unknown reason I always pick black and spend my free time washing it lol. Nice truck OP, post some photos when you pick your wheels.