New member!

Hey everyone. Im new to registering to the forum, but have poked around in this forum for about the last year. So i thought id say hi and ask a question.

I picked up a 17 silverado z71 LTZ with the 6.2 8 speed last year and absoulty love it. Im hoping it'll be my forever truck. Im a long time gm fan and have 3 gm trucks in the driveway! I have a 2007 tahoe ive had for 8 years and i think i love that thing more than my new silverado. My other silverado is a truck ive had since high school. My 76 stepside. Its got a 388(stoker crank, .060 over)/th350 with tons of other goodies and mods. Just added a yukon limited slip with 3.73.

Anyway, current mods to the new truck is just a cb, with a 5' firestick with a midland hand held, and a few other gm accessories. My favorite gm accessory i installed were the gm molded hard mud flaps. That one has payed off with keeping the road gunk off the body panels.

Anyway, my question, where are some good pass throughs for the firewall? I plan on adding some aux switches for lighting and other accessories in the future.

Also. Would some members mind posting some pictures of their aux switch locations and ideas? I saw the thread of using the factory switch panel, but that seems like a lot of work.

Thanks!

Joey085f08a47b41f76d8980d4d560a11b02.jpg3cbde7b678f8c435c93a4d477e820f7f.jpga2e61b966c86c722223c21201c08ce92.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, satchmojoey said:

0 times, i use the quick disconnect base

i used the same set-up , but its get old daily on / off .  long road trips big when goes on ,  short one in town (clears garage door )

These would finish off the look nicely:

www.ebay.com/itm/Stake-Pocket-Covers-Caps-Rail-Hole-Plugs-2014-2018-Silverado-Sierra-Accessories/162184645563?epid=577843531&hash=item25c2f54bbb:g:ESoAAOSwZZ5avDvN&vxp=mtr

These would finish off the look nicely:

www.ebay.com/itm/Stake-Pocket-Covers-Caps-Rail-Hole-Plugs-2014-2018-Silverado-Sierra-Accessories/162184645563?epid=577843531&hash=item25c2f54bbb:g:ESoAAOSwZZ5avDvN&vxp=mtr
I actually use the hand holds for their purpose.