Still mind effing 2 or 2.5 level

So I bought stock 20in wheels and

275/60/20 duratracs last week.

I'm still debating on whether to go up 2in or 2.5 in the front.

The level kit I bought is made by ProRyde. Also going up one inch in the rear. I'm still mind effing what to do in the front...

Thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, harrisonhunter said:

So I bought stock 20in wheels and

275/60/20 duratracs last week.

I'm still debating on whether to go up 2in or 2.5 in the front.

The level kit I bought is made by ProRyde. Also going up one inch in the rear. I'm still mind effing what to do in the front...

Thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I would (did) buy 1.5" bottom spacers for about $30 and not touch the back.  You'll get the look you are after and the modification will have minimal or no potential impact on ride or front end components.  

17 minutes ago, Donstar said:

I would (did) buy 1.5" bottom spacers for about $30 and not touch the back.  You'll get the look you are after and the modification will have minimal or no potential impact on ride or front end components.  

Exactly!

7 hours ago, Robopie said:

2". 

2.5" would be rough and stress out components.   I know, its only a .5" difference, but a big difference that makes.

based upon what? Have had my 2.5 on for 30k and haven't had a problem. Ride is rougher but no rougher than my buddies 2" level. 

You will regret not going up the extra amount, especially if you are doing a bigger block in the back.

You could always split the difference and go 2.25”.  I went with ReadyLift 2.25” and left the back stock.  I’ve only had it for a couple thousand miles, but no issues what so ever and I don’t notice the ride being any rougher than stock. 

The ride should not be rougher with a simple spacer lift. It does not change the spring rates or dampening properties of the struts. What it does do, however, is change the effective suspension geometry, therefore overextending travel in the fully extended direction. This taxes the range of motion of the ball joints, causing you to "top them out" more frequently. This is depending on how you drive. Heavy offroad and taking bumps at speed give the suspension a workout and will cause this condition more than just cruising down the highway. The "topping out" of the ball joint will eventually lead to their accelerated wear. Wear on other parts such as the C.V axles (if 4wd equipped), tie rod ends, and control arm bushings could also theoretically be hastened because they will be exposed to operating forces beyond what they were designed to take.

As always, your mileage may vary. In my and my father's trucks, we added 1.5" spacers to the front to even out some of the rake and hopefully not add too much wear to front end components. I also didn't want to go higher because I didn't want to be front-high when towing or hauling heavy loads. If in the future I want more lift, I will look into a small body lift, or a full on lift with new knuckles/control arms/diff drop to ensure the geometry is correct.

Sorry for the novel, there is a lot of misinformation floating around on how these modifications affect critical parts... and your/your families' safety.