97 k1500 power brake booster

I have a 97 gmc k1500. My power brake booster just started making a hissing sound when pressing the brake pedal. I was told I'd have to replace it. Now. I have a 99 sierra with a good booster in it. Auto parts store tells me that they are different part numbers and told me is have to check the forums to see if there is a way to put the booster from 99 into the 97. Would this just be a simple pull out and put in? Or will I have to fab it in? Would it be easier to just buy a new booster for the 97? I used the search and didn't get any results. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

No, dont even try.  It wont be easy because probably everything is a little different.  Thats assuming you're 99 is a GMT 800.  If you have a 99 classic you might be able to get away with it.  But If it were me, I would pickup a new booster online.  

Here what rockauto has.  

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/chevrolet,1997,k1500+pickup,5.7l+v8,1051175,brake+&+wheel+hub,power+brake+booster,1884