Cabin Air Filter

I replaced my cabin air filter a few days ago. It was making a noise and so I went in again to remove the leaf sitting on the blower. When I took my new filter out, I noticed it has blue stains all over it. The only thing I can think of is that I went through the car wash and it might be the soap they use (rainbow color). But I'm not sure how soap would find its way into that area. Or is this something leaking??

Edited by Habs

I replaced my cabin air filter a few days ago. It was making a noise and so I went in again to remove the leaf sitting on the blower. When I took my new filter out, I noticed it has blue stains all over it. The only thing I can think of is that I went through the car wash and it might be the soap they use (rainbow color). But I'm not sure how soap would find its way into that area. Or is this something leaking??
Someone else may answer better. But I believe there is a flap that should be closed when HVAC isn't in use. But I would remove filter and take a light and look in there. I also had leaf on top of filter.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Could be wiper wash fluid getting past the cowling? Have you ever noticed water blowing out from the fan during a bad rain storm?

I had a problem with my 2008 Toyota where water was getting past the windshield cowling into the blower motor. Safe-lite half ass'd the re- installation of the cowling trim after putting new glass in. IT caused a leak.

Have you had the windshield replaced?

2 hours ago, Loco-diablo said:

Could be wiper wash fluid getting past the cowling? Have you ever noticed water blowing out from the fan during a bad rain storm?

I had a problem with my 2008 Toyota where water was getting past the windshield cowling into the blower motor. Safe-lite half ass'd the re- installation of the cowling trim after putting new glass in. IT caused a leak.

Have you had the windshield replaced?

Never had water blowing and never had the windshield replaced.

• 2 years later...

I had a leak going into my cabin air filter. It was the plastic cap under the plastic cowl cover. The sealant around the plastic cap, which resides right above the air intake for the cabin, was no longer adhering to the metal of the cowl and water was slowly entering thru it. Once I removed and sealed it, no more dripping down thru the cabin fan.