Ford is dropping all passenger cars (except for mustang) and focusing on trucks and SUVs

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/abandon-car-ford-dropping-all-passenger-car-models-except-mustang

well, it looks like Ford is putting all of its eggs into one basket; by dropping every passenger car currently in production and going all in on Trucks and SUVs. essentially, the ONLY car they will have left is the Mustang and even then by 2020, the Mustang will be paired with a word that makes the performance community projectile vomit when it is uttered: HYBRID. i for one, feel sorry that Ford is about to essentially ruin the last good nameplate it has.

GM may not be far behind you know.  Gone will be the Impala and the smaller eco cars no doubt.. the Malibu has a chance both as a fleet vehicle (rental) and for consumers.. the camaro and corvette are safe.. for now.. Cadillac is barely hanging on.. Buick?  Ha.  I predict that brand going away in the USA at least.  Lincoln?  Probably going away as well for Ford..  Dodge is doing away with the Dart and the 200c

If gas prices get high again that could reverse. My midsize daily driver gets 35 MPG combo, as high as 37 MPG at 70 MPH. My last midsize SUV got 25 MPG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KARNUT said:

If gas prices get high again that could reverse. My midsize daily driver gets 35 MPG combo, as high as 37 MPG at 70 MPH. My last midsize SUV got 25 MPG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. I guess they didn't learn from the last time...

Part of me wonders if this isn't going hand in hand with that other thread discussing midsized and the foreign market...maybe they are focusing on the market they have the best foothold in...the foreign cars have the small and midsized market cornered, Ford's F150 and their SUVs are everywhere.

2012 2500hd 6.0l CCSB 4wd

13 minutes ago, sdeeter19555 said:

Part of me wonders if this isn't going hand in hand with that other thread discussing midsized and the foreign market...maybe they are focusing on the market they have the best foothold in...the foreign cars have the small and midsized market cornered, Ford's F150 and their SUVs are everywhere.

2012 2500hd 6.0l CCSB 4wd

Yea and I guess in that case if the US ever needs a quick fix for cars they could always just import a few models back to the states...

Hopefully they use the new savings to make their trucks a little less sh***y - read: go back to designs that WORK - not ones that defy logic. And, if GM follows suit, the same goes for them, too!

Maybe each could make the trucks a little more tech-friendly while they're at it? Is that asking too much? A man can dream ...

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ford-Cutting-Car-Lineup-to-Save-Money-and-Stay-Competitive-480989301.html

• 2 weeks later...

Ford logic : Spend 20 years selling absolute garbage cars, then wonder why nobody is buying your cars, solution : stop making cars altogether instead of improving your product.  

Makes sense, right? 

• Haha 1