Performance Cam for 8.1 Engine

Has anyone tried putting a different cam in their 8.1 engine? I was wondering how big the gains were and if there were any issues with the computer programming. I was thinking of looking into the marine engine cams or what's offered from Comp Cams:

8.1 Comp Cams

If someone knows where to look for others who have tried this or where there's more info on this please let me know. Thanks.

Any one else have one of the comp cams in their 8.1l? Any one know the stock specs of the original camshaft in the 8.1l? After many failed email attemps to different places, and a few trips/ calls to gm dealers I am not sure that anyone has it.... Please some one help!!!! I had the original part number but I lost it, will try to find it again and post it. PLEASE SOMEONE WITH A HOOK UP AT GM HELP ME.

I want the specs for my desktop dyno program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure of the specs on the cam....But I would think that a good set of headers, and P/P the heads.....Then let Westers update your chip again.....would do quite a bit of good.

Just my .02, but I would get rid of its asthma and get it breathing a lot better before you start trying to push the air uphill with a cam.

Like I said....Just my .02. :cheers:

Archived