Turning off headlights???

I've tried the book, & still haven't figured out how to shut off the headlights in my '03 Silverado LT. Its got the off switch if you turn it left, but she don't stay there nor do the lights go off. It is possible to drive with your lights off(at night)??

Having problems & I sure there is some how it works..(stealth mode)

One thing for sure you don't have to worry about turning them on, until you drive somebody elses vehicle!!!

I don't know if it's the same on the 2003 models; however, on my 2001 you can turn the headlights off (operate in stealth mode) by pushing in the dome light overide button 4 times (or until you hear a chiming sound and see the lights go off).

Just experiment in the dark. You turn the knob to the left and if I recall correctly, you are definitely without lights. The knob won't stay there, but swings back to its former position. The AUTO indicator will go out. You can also just select the parking lights sans headlamps by swinging the knob to parking light position. Now, when you turn your key off and back on, you'll have to go through this process again, but at least you have a bit of control.

• 2 months later...

The old hit the dome overide button 4 times works great on my 2002 no problem. I also had a 1999 that worked great. My new truck is a SLT and the 99 was a SLE. However My brother in-law has a 1999 that is a SL lowest grade of truck possible rubber floor mats bench seat I belive it has electric windows but the 4 button trick doesn't work. Was wondering if anyone else that as a lower grade model has seen this?

Thanks.

The old hit the dome overide button 4 times works great on my 2002 no problem. I also had a 1999 that worked great. My new truck is a SLT and the 99 was a SLE. However My brother in-law has a 1999 that is a SL lowest grade of truck possible rubber floor mats bench seat I belive it has electric windows but the 4 button trick doesn't work. Was wondering if anyone else that as a lower grade model has seen this?

Thanks.

Nope, I have a 2001 base truck (ABSOLUTELY base, only way to lower the sticker would have been to delete the radio!) and I can kill my lights by pressing the button four times. Might it be different on the 03's?

The old hit the dome overide button 4 times works great on my 2002 no problem.  I also had a 1999 that worked great.  My new truck is a SLT and the 99 was a SLE.  However My brother in-law has a 1999 that is a SL lowest grade of truck possible rubber floor mats bench seat I belive it has electric windows but the 4 button trick doesn't work.  Was wondering if anyone else that as a lower grade model has seen this?

Thanks.

Nope, I have a 2001 base truck (ABSOLUTELY base, only way to lower the sticker would have been to delete the radio!) and I can kill my lights by pressing the button four times. Might it be different on the 03's?

Well you have a 2001 and he has a 1999 so I guess it wouldn't matter for him if it was different on the '03....

Maybe something is broken on his truck?

Archived