Photo
- - - - -

ranch hand bumpers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 sheridan

sheridan

Enthusiast

• 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 12:15 PM

Anyone have a ranch hand bumper? A teenage girl grazed the corner of my rear bumper last night (then she tried to run, and I had to chase her down, but that's another story). It looks like I can get one of these for cheaper than a factory. Any thoughts?

#2 Machine

Machine

Enthusiast

• 855 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 12:20 PM

I have the ranch hand grill guard - good quality. A friend of mine has the front and back bumpers and he has no complaints, either
2011 Suburban Z71

2007 Ford F-250 Lariat, 6.0 Power Stroke/TorqShift, CC, FX4; SCT tuned by Innovative, MBRP, EGR Delete, Studs, TDS High Idle, Isspro Pyro and Boost, XM w/ PIE Adapter

2003 2500HD LT, LB7 Duramax, CC; Quad / Juice, MBRP 4" Exhaust, Rancho 6", BFG KO 315's, Auto Meter Pyro and Boost.
--------------------
2011 Cadillac CTS-V

#3 chevy4x4trucks

chevy4x4trucks

Senior Enthusiast

• 7,535 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 02:22 PM

Are you just going to get the back bumper for your truck or are you going to get the front bumper as well?

You can usually find some rear bumpers for decent prices on E-Bay.
Jon's Silverado
'01 Silverado Z71 Ext. Cab
Posted Image
chevy4x4trucks.com
eye-five.com

#4 kaspar139

kaspar139

Enthusiast

• 501 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 02:48 PM

I don't have them, but want them. Are you wanting a front end replacement or a brush guard? If you are thinking front end replacement, then know that they weigh like 350 lbs, which is about 300 lbs heavier than the stock bumper! Anyway, could play havoc on the front end. I love the way they look though! :cheers:
Posted Image
'01 Black Silverado Ext. Cab Z-71 LS
5.3L V8
4.10 Precision Gears
Rhino bed liner
DeeZee Tool Box
NFab Nerf Bars
Flowmaster cat back
4" Rancho Suspesion Lift
33x12.5-16.5" BFG M/T
American Eagle 589's (16.5x9.75)
Kaspar's Beast or Car Domain Pics

#5 LogixRat

LogixRat

Enthusiast

• 333 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 04:30 PM

Geez....why don't you get a meaty bumper!? :D :D :smash:

Just jok'n....they look good and tough. :cheers:

Have you checked with your local offroad shop? They carry them at mine.

#6 sheridan

sheridan

Enthusiast

• 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 07:26 PM

Just thinking about the back now, and only because someone is paying for it. Pricing them out, the stealership says $594.21 to put her back to stock, and the Ranchhand shipped is $440, I bolt it on. I think they look pretty cool, and definitely more durable than stock.

#7 ranchhand

ranchhand

Enthusiast

• 86 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 09:43 PM

I don't have them, but want them. Are you wanting a front end replacement or a brush guard? If you are thinking front end replacement, then know that they weigh like 350 lbs, which is about 300 lbs heavier than the stock bumper! Anyway, could play havoc on the front end. I love the way they look though! :cheers:

close, the front replacement is 245 lbs, it istn THAT bad on the truck, the rear is about 130 LBS. i work for ranch hand. i swear by these, i have had them on quite a few trucks, i see the protection that they offer, i dont have them on my current truck, but i did. 440 shipped was that fro the front or rear?
02 LS 5.3 lowered 2/4 on 20s, HD front clip,Nelson Tune and other mods
Posted Image

#8 sheridan

sheridan

Enthusiast

• 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 10:36 PM

$390+$50 shipping. That's the back. O2 Z71, 8" drop cowboy, without the lights. I've got a receiver.Sound about right, size wise? It was a women I talked to. She seemed pretty knowledgeable, sounds like a good company.

#9 ranchhand

ranchhand

Enthusiast

• 86 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 12:36 AM

$390+$50 shipping. That's the back. O2 Z71, 8" drop cowboy, without the lights. I've got a receiver.Sound about right, size wise? It was a women I talked to. She seemed pretty knowledgeable, sounds like a good company.

that sounds right, list price is 399 though. we have pretty knowledgable reps :cheers: post some pics when you get it
Posted Image

#10 Mega Dogmeat

Mega Dogmeat

Enthusiast

• 139 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 12:46 AM

I've been looking at getting a ranch hand grille guard, any ideas on what those run?

The local dealer in town is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally expensive on stuff.

#11 ranchhand

ranchhand

Enthusiast

• 86 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 03:33 AM

I've been looking at getting a ranch hand grille guard, any ideas on what those run?

The local dealer in town is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally expensive on stuff.

list price is 436 for our standard grille guard, we introduced a sport grille guard for 349 as well www.ranchhand.com
Posted Image

#12 kaspar139

kaspar139

Enthusiast

• 501 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 10:38 AM

245# is MUCH better... I really want one, but its a LOT of money for those things (grille guards and bumpers of any kind).

There are a lot of knock off brands here in Texas, too. They aren't any cheaper.
Posted Image
'01 Black Silverado Ext. Cab Z-71 LS
5.3L V8
4.10 Precision Gears
Rhino bed liner
DeeZee Tool Box
NFab Nerf Bars
Flowmaster cat back
4" Rancho Suspesion Lift
33x12.5-16.5" BFG M/T
American Eagle 589's (16.5x9.75)
Kaspar's Beast or Car Domain Pics

#13 Machine

Machine

Enthusiast

• 855 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 12:22 PM

If one is near you, go to a ranch hand outlet location. They sell the guards and bumpers at a much cheeper price than a 3rd party distributor. I got mine at the San Antonio, TX location for like $330. The closest distributor wanted over $440.

Ranch hand grill guards and bumper replacements are all you see on trucks and SUV's in S. Texas. Good stuff, nice people. It's almost sacrileges to run anything else.

Edited by Machine, 14 November 2003 - 12:30 PM.

2011 Suburban Z71

2007 Ford F-250 Lariat, 6.0 Power Stroke/TorqShift, CC, FX4; SCT tuned by Innovative, MBRP, EGR Delete, Studs, TDS High Idle, Isspro Pyro and Boost, XM w/ PIE Adapter

2003 2500HD LT, LB7 Duramax, CC; Quad / Juice, MBRP 4" Exhaust, Rancho 6", BFG KO 315's, Auto Meter Pyro and Boost.
--------------------
2011 Cadillac CTS-V

#14 ranchhand

ranchhand

Enthusiast

• 86 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 03:07 AM

If one is near you, go to a ranch hand outlet location. They sell the guards and bumpers at a much cheeper price than a 3rd party distributor. I got mine at the San Antonio, TX location for like $330. The closest distributor wanted over $440.

Ranch hand grill guards and bumper replacements are all you see on trucks and SUV's in S. Texas. Good stuff, nice people. It's almost sacrileges to run anything else.

this can be the case, we have factory seconds and scratch and dent versus our distributors usually dont. i am at the SA store :cheers:
Posted Image