Silverado Color Code

:thumbs: Hello Everyone, long time no talk :)

So, we need to get a new hood on our truck, but before I can do this I need the color code and preferrable stock color name (It's the truck in my sig).

2 times now, the hood has flown up on us as we are driving (just taking off) and has dented the crap outta it. First time we did it, we were able to pound out the dents mostly. Just recently we had it in the shop (again) and the mechanic went to test drive, and it flew up on him. Luckily then didn't know we had done it before :)

Anyways, I looked under the hood for the metal plate on the firewall with all the VIN and color code info but was not able to find it. Is there one on these trucks or is it in a different spot?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Sarah

For the full RPO list (for 98), go **here**.

I'm not sure what year your truck is, or that the RPO is an actual "paint code". I was just tossing that out there to see if it rang a bell with someone else.

**Here** is a search on "paint codes", you could try doing a search with different terms, you might come up with more info. :thumbs:

The codes are on the bottom line of the sticker in the glove box. It will be something like

WA177B or U177

Sometimes proceded by BC/CC

You need to have the problem of the hood flying up fixed when the new hood is put on, or you will be replacing that one too.

Also, letting the mechanic take responsibility for a problem that existed already that you knew about?? :thumbs::)

• 3 weeks later...
Also, letting the mechanic take responsibility for a problem that existed already that you knew about?? :confused::sleep:

Actually we are splitting the cost of getting a Cowl Hood and painting it with the shop....we are not letting them pay for the whole thing..

:chevy:

What should we look at as being the problem with the hood flying open? Would a faulty latch be a recall item? I thought that was a safety issue..and this is the second time this has happened..

Thanks

Archived