TOG Headers and 8.1

The 8.1 headers come standard with a ceramic coating to that makes them a little more expensive than the "base: 5.3/6.0 TOG headers. As for them being worth it, see my mods list below :(

02silveradonew2small.jpg02suburban22sm.jpg

2002 8.1 Silverado HD - Comp Cam, TOGs headers, Volant induction, Direct Hits ignition, 8" lift 18" wheels/tires + more

2002 8.1 Suburban -Intercooled Whipple supercharger, TOGs headers, Volant induction, 22" wheels/tires + more - 407hp/558 ft-lb torque at the rear wheels.

www.tbyrnemotorsports.com

Huh, maybe try to call them up and ask them (Thorley) I am sure if its not listed it will be in the process of having them, its only time before they do. But if you want TOGs, then by all means get 'em....I was just offering alternatives.

The TOG's are short tube, not good if you are looking for torque gains at the lower RPM usable driving or towing range. I have yet to find a set of long tubes other than from Banks which are only fitable to the motor home platforms. Still looking.

Randy

The term 'short' in this case is used as a relationship to the actual length required for good low end torque gains for the 8.1. Tube sizes are also critical in the equation, and need to be relatively small along with the need for longer than typical length for any worthwile gains to be had if one is looking for other than just high rpm gain. Even meeting the above criteria one would be somewhat pressed to justify the cost as gains are far from impressive from the dyno numbers that I have seen when compared to the stock manifolds. (The dyno numbers for the headers were in conjunction with compatable muffler).

Randy

Archived