Photo
- - - - -

AC Blower Fan Noise

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 sesmith3

sesmith3

Enthusiast

• 28 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 05:27 PM

:cheers: I have a 2002 K1500 XCab, 5.3 and LS Model.. So this morning my trusty windshield replacement company comes to the office to replace my windshield. No worries right? Well when I leave for lunch I use the AC and low and behold I have a new noise coming from the blower fan. Sounds like there is something caught in there or something. I used the AC yesterday and have never had a problem before. I had the glass replaced a year ago wioth no worrries either. I called the glass co but when the guy came back out he said he wasn't anywhere near the vent's etc and does not know what it could be. I am worried that I'll have to pull the entire dash etc to get to the issue. Do my buddies @ gm-trucks.com have any suggestions? Thanks guys.....

#2 NothinButBowTies

NothinButBowTies

Enthusiast

• 267 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 05:39 PM

Could something have fallen down the defrost vents and became stuck in the piping for whole AC system?
Have you tried the blower motor, with out the AC off to rule anything else out?
2003 GMC Sierra SLE
Regular Cab, SWB
5.3 Auto, Limited Slip
AEM Brute Force Intake
Magnaflow Exhaust
Escalade Door Handles
Westers 93 Hot Tune
180 TSTAT
17" Denali Wheels

#3 Tolliverme

Tolliverme

Enthusiast

• 58 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 08:13 PM

This happened to me also. It was a leave that had gotten into the fan from the fresh air intake.

#4 sesmith3

sesmith3

Enthusiast

• 28 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 11:14 PM

Thanks for the ideas. I have tried it without the AC (Compressor) on and there is no difference. I like the idea tof the fresh air intake though. How do I uncover that
to clean it out? :cheers:

Advertise Here