Largest tires that will fit a Trailblazer 16s

• 2 weeks later...

A buddy of mine put some larger tires on his wife's TB and it really filled in the wheel wells. Looks nice. I think they are the next larger size. He had to do a little grinding on the pivit joint above the inside of the tire. Only about a credit card width though. He was looking for some spacers to offset the factory wheels, but couldn't find any. I am thinking about doing the same thing when these tires wear out.

Ranger

My 2004 has 17" wheels on it and trying to find tires are alot harder then 16". My buddy that just did the grinding traded in his 2002 with 16's for a 2004 with 17's. I had told him to swap the 17s for the 16s so he would have a better tire selection. But he didn't

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i replaced my 245x70 with 255x65.. it looks a little better but this change was very minor.... tire is only 10mm wider and rolling diameter stayed the same.....

Search chevy wheel spacers on ebay, they have them for the trailblazer.  1.5 in spacers for 90.00 a pair

Not a good idea, makes the lugs weaker

doesn't make the lugs weaker. They are not any different than putting on offset wheels

• 3 weeks later...
Search chevy wheel spacers on ebay, they have them for the trailblazer.  1.5 in spacers for 90.00 a pair

Not a good idea, makes the lugs weaker

doesn't make the lugs weaker. They are not any different than putting on offset wheels

ok :banghead:

• 4 weeks later...

RE Wheel spacers.

1. If they are just spacers then your lug nuts may not completely engage the studs.

:bs:

2. If the spacers are bolted on to the hub first and are aluminum then think about the fact that normal lug studs are grade 8 in steel and now you are using grade ? in aluminum. :D

3. No matter what you are now loading the ball joint and suspension in a manner they were not designed for. So will need to keep an eye on these parts over the long run. Yes different offset wheels do the same loading thing. :lol:

Just remember that you are modifying the vehicle and now YOU are responsible for result.

and your point is...... :banghead: You drive it off the lot and it is prettty much your problem. Yes some stuff will get covered by warranty. All I mostly was getting at with the spacers is that if you look at your suspension in the front you would see that larger tires would scrape on the upper section of the suspension. The spacers would bring the tire out so as to avoid the scraping which then allows bigger tires to be run. I do however think that a 265 or a 31in. will be as big as you can go without them rubbing when turning

• 3 months later...

Archived