5.7L Intake Manifold Gasket

Apparently oil leaks from the intake manifold gasket on 5.7L engines are common. I need to replace the OEM gasket and would like to know if one brand has proven to be better than others. Does anyone know from experience if Fel Pro gaskets have worked better than NAPA, GM, or other brands? Should I expect this problem to happen again regardless of what brand gasket is used?

Just did mine last a couple weeks ago,I used Fel-Pro...but no matter which you choose,BE SURE TO CLEAN the block B4 you lay the beads of silicone down 4 the end seals...this is where they normally leak from(mine did)...If there is ANY oil residue on the block or heads where the silicone(RTV) is applied they will leak again..... :rolleyes:

How about the 5.0's?

Same goes for these too!

I replaced my intake gaskett one year ago on a 99 5.7L and used the fel pro gaskett set. So far I have not had any problems after about 10K miles. It is a pretty big job for a d.i.y. mechanic. If you take your time and get a good service manual it should be no problem. Guys here this site will offer help where needed.

Mine hasn't leaked a drop since the day I brought it home.

Mine was just wet,then I switched it over to Synthetic oil and it started to drip...put the new set on and that solved my problem :puke:

But I bought my truck used a year ago w/142K mi on it

• 1 month later...

Another good idea for a DIYer, I just did mine and I numbered everything with tape before I took it off and Then I took a digital photo of it. It helps alot. Also the RTV that comes with the fel-pro kit dries faster then the regular stuff you buy, so don't delay after you apply it.

• 1 month later...

Archived