How to Adjust Headlights!?

How do I adjest the headlights? I know it has something to with the two hex bolts on top, but what do I do with them? I have one light that shines for towards the ditch than to the center of the road. Should their be black caps on those holes? Mine are gone and the lights feel like they are loose....

I'd have to see it to tell you if you're missing parts, but to adjust them...Yeah, it's the torx head bolts that you turn.

One of them controls the up/down....You turn it one way, and they go up, turn it the other...They go down. Same for the other, except it's left and right that it moves the light.

The Two HEX heads that are 5mm (if I remember correctly), that you can see very easily,are actualy to remove your head lights.

recessed in some holes are two TORX heads one controlls left and right the other controlls up and down.

The Two HEX heads that are 5mm (if I remember correctly), that you can see very easily,are actualy to remove your head lights.

recessed in some holes are two TORX heads one controlls left and right the other controlls up and down.

Correct. I have adjusted and replaced mine several times. I think it is a number 7 Torx down in the hole of the radiator support. One for up and down, one for side to side. The tall hex head "rods" are for removal of the whole assembly. You will need an extension, and be careful when you are done, since you don't want to knock the Torx piece off pulling it out of the hole. Flashlight helps too.

Also, the drivers side will only adjust so far to the left (probably to avoid oncoming traffic). Don't try to overtighten them. Sometimes the screw mechanism breaks or locks up inside the plasic, and wont turn. It may be easier to remove the headlights and adjust them out of the truck.

Turn the tall hex head rods counter clockwise and lift them up and out. They are about 6 inches long and fit through two slots on their way down then screw into the bottom of the mount below the headlight.

Everything in there is plastic, so be gently when tightening any of the bolts.

Archived