trailblazer fuel mileage

I do almost all highway travel (avg 75-76mph) and if there is no wind and on flat ground I get upwards of 23.  However, if I am bucking a headwind, even a slight one, it will drop to 16-18 depending on how windy.  I have just over 6K miles on mine and the DIC says my overall average is 19.  Not too bad, but not too good.  Also, my TB has the 3.73 gears in it and I turn 2300rpm at 76mph.  You can figure that the optional 3.42 gears would get a tad better mileage.  I was hoping for better mileage out of this as I drive around 130mi per day.

• 1 month later...

:( Hi Folks:

I just picked up a 02 Envoy SLT XL for the Wife on 09/01/02 and on the first long trip(2300 miles) we got 18-19 in-city and 22-23 highway. It has the 3.42 rear and is a Dream to drive. Hope this helps...JohnB

I've had my Trailblazer for about a year now, and have yet to get above 17mpg on it... Normal average is about 15mpg mixed 30/70 hwy/cty driving.  Trying to get GM to flash the PCM and hopefully get better mileage, but since there is no problem, they won't do it... I would love to get 18mpg, that would push me to 275mi before I need a fillup instead of 240-250... =o( oh well, hopefully it'll get better with the oil change, etc.... maybe I should just take some of that lead out of my foot. :(

I know that is part of my problem. I find myself stomping on the gas at red lights when sports cars and things pull along side. Also accelerrating onto the highway. I usual get to the top of the ramp doing 70+. I have to calm down, but the power is awsome. :(

My LTZ has been averaging 14-16mph overall.  I don't ever re-set the computer.  Mostly city with 3.73 gears.  Freeways I tend to avg about 75mph but keep my foot in it a bit more than most everywhere I go. Love the power...especially on the freeways.

tim

• 2 weeks later...
I got some kinda cool information... been playin around with my buddy's car when we driving on the free way, and I pegged about 85mph he was about a car ahead of me... what was he driving? Acura TL type-s... no too shabby for my 1500lb heavier truck... considering the type-s is rated at a high 14sec 1/4 mi and  the triplets are 17sec... hehe maybe he just sucks at driving...

not sure of all the details, but the Triplets do quite well on the open road up to about 87mph or so where they shift. Once they shift, it's downhill from there.

the type-s....it's sweet spot is above 80mph. want really big fun...drive a 6 speed Maxima. 14-14.2 bone stock. better than my GTP stock for stock (14.667)

tim

GTP...not hardly stock anymore ;) so catch me if you can.

I got some kinda cool information... been playin around with my buddy's car when we driving on the free way, and I pegged about 85mph he was about a car ahead of me... what was he driving? Acura TL type-s... no too shabby for my 1500lb heavier truck... considering the type-s is rated at a high 14sec 1/4 mi and  the triplets are 17sec... hehe maybe he just sucks at driving...

I hear ya tim...

The only problem is that his car falls into the honda transmission fault... =oP one problem with honda... build a "sports car" and just put a slightly beefed up tranny in 'em... hehe... so they strenghtened the 2nd gear holding power(first was fine i guess) and now the 3rd gear clutch is abraiding from premature wear... wonder what they were thinkin??? Guess they didn't figure anyone would shift into third at full rpm... hehe... Their fix I'm guessin.. was to strenghten the 3rd gear clutch pack... lol

Archived