Photo
- - - - -

Clothes hanger

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 americanmuscleman

americanmuscleman

Enthusiast

• 256 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 04:14 PM

Guys, do any of you have an aftermarket clothes hanger for your crew cab GMC or Chevy truck? I'm looking for one, but can't find one anywhere! There are two tiny hooks to hang clothes on in my truck that are in a terrible spot for hanging anything. I can't find an aftermarket clothes hanger anywhere!

I've seen one in a SuperDuty that clipped onto the headrest of the driver's seat and let you hang a bunch of clothes... but I can't find a company that makes them?

Do any of you guys have one?

Thanks!

PS- I realize the Heavy Duty section isn't the best place to be asking about this, but most crew cabs are Heavy Dutys and hopefully someone in here with a hanger in their crew cab will see this post.
Steve
2004 GMC 2500HD SLT, CC, SB, 4x4, LLY D/A, Carbon Metallic ext. / Dk Pewter int.

#2 GF7PE

GF7PE

Enthusiast

• 704 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 05:40 PM

there is this one Click ME

Posted Image

Edited by GF7PE, 18 July 2004 - 08:48 PM.

2002 Chevy 2500 hd cc sb pewter 6.0 4.10 29000 miles
fabtech 6" 35x14.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers, Westers 93, piaa airdam, airaid, borla cat back, line x

#3 99silveradoz71

99silveradoz71

Senior Enthusiast

• Senior Moderator
  • 10,997 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 07:35 PM

Folks had a telescoping bar that ran across the backseat of most vehicles and kind of looped on both of the stock hangers. Not sure where they got it, but maybe a luggage or travel type store.
Posted Image
2008 Chevy Silverado Z71 4x4 Crew Cab 6.0L 3.73 Blue Granite

#4 americanmuscleman

americanmuscleman

Enthusiast

• 256 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 09:30 AM

GF7PE, thanks for the link! I've seen that style, but I'm not sure it will work since the grab handles in the back seat don't have a flat spot to hold a bar like that, and since the handles are right behind the front seats. Any clothes you hang get smashed into the passenger or drivers seat.

99silveradoz71, I'll have to check out Folks telescoping bar. Thanks!

I'm really shocked no one else has posted up on here about this. The factory hooks are in such a terrible spot, they might as well have not even put any in the truck.
:cool:
Steve
2004 GMC 2500HD SLT, CC, SB, 4x4, LLY D/A, Carbon Metallic ext. / Dk Pewter int.

#5 99silveradoz71

99silveradoz71

Senior Enthusiast

• Senior Moderator
  • 10,997 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 05:21 PM

99silveradoz71, I'll have to check out Folks telescoping bar.

Ooops, should've clarified that...by folks, I meant my parents. Though what they had was quite similar to the post above, only it mounted from the small hooks in the back of most GM cars late 80's/early 90's. An autoparts store might have this too...I know some of them sell those cargo keepers, and this is along those lines.
Posted Image
2008 Chevy Silverado Z71 4x4 Crew Cab 6.0L 3.73 Blue Granite