What would be your second choice?

96 Vortec

Seeing as everyone here is a GM guru. What would be your second choice for a truck?

I would probably have to go with F**D, cuz Dodge just has too many problems and aren't comparable to GM at all. Although the next generation Dodge engines sound awesome!

I would probably take a Ford F-350 Super Duty, but it would have to be a PSD w/ a 6 speed.  That way I would stay away from there worthless gassers and auto transmissions.  But being how I like diesels, it would be hard to turn down a Dodge Cummins with a manual as well.

I just hope the Duramax turns out to be everything GM says it is, then I won't ever have to worry about stuff like this.

I would and did go with the Dodge .  Can't even stand the thought of having a F  truck in my driveway. Three years and none of major problems you all here about the Dodge. If I can't get anymore help out Chevy than I have been getting guess I'll have to do it again.

BTW: It's the only non Chevy truck I've owned in 24yrs.

Truthfully my first choice would have been Nissan if they made a full size truck, and would have been Nissan if I were in the market for an SUV.  But my second choice for full size pickup would be Dodge or Toyota, not sure which. Neither has the an engine as snappy as the the GM V8.

Archived