Flitz polishing/buffing ball

Chris97K1500

Unbelievable, simply put. It used to take me 4 hours to polish my rims by hand and still not be able to get it polished sparkling all over, some places my hand just can't fit into. Well I tried this after seeing it advertised on TV, I bought the $20 as seen on TV kit, and it was the best $20 I've spent on detailing products. I've tried the buffing cotton wheels, but they fly apart, this thing from Flitz does not fray or throw off pieces of itself. Took me only 30 minutes to do ALL 4 rims and they haven't shined like this since they were new over 4 years ago! It even shined up my Diamond plate truck box and bed guards. I've got some pics coming soon, I'll get some close ups to show how I now don't have small water marks or pits, even surface scratches was removed. This is a great product, so I thought I'd share the experience with you all. If you dread polishing your rims like me, this is for you! Chris

Here's a link http://www.flitz.com/

Just to update, since it just took about 30 minutes to do all 4 rims, I went back and polished them again. Now I can't tell the difference between the chrome center caps and lug nuts and the aluminum rims. As far as taking care of it, all I have to do is just wash it out with water, or I can put in into the washer, just let it air dry. I'll get some pics of the rims and diamond plate up soon. I've got a good diamond plate shot of an area that I polished and didn't right next to each other. Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm going to be taking some new pics soon. I've added some stuff to my truck and hoping to get some more for x-mas. If you have $20 laying around this product will make your life so much easier when it comes to polishing aluminum. I've got a pic of the diamond plate where I've polished it and where I did yet. It's amazing how much of a difference there is. Chris

From the above link at Flitz. I don't think you can buy them from stores, at least I've never seen any Flitz products. I saw a demonstration at the Boat and RV show in Louisville, KY. I just washed my truck the other day, the rims look brand new still with just washing them. I may actually polish my rims every time I wash the truck in the spring/summer. Chris

The scratches I had on my diamond plated bed guards would not come out, but they aren't as noticeable. Water spots I had on my rims did come out, something I could not do by hand. I don't have any real minor surface scratches, the ones I have are from rocks and wild air guns taking nuts off and on. I had some minor pitting around the valve stems and I was able to get them off or at least to a point where they are not noticeable unless you get on hands and knees 6 inches from the rims. One things for certain, after I polished them, you could not tell what was chrome (center caps and lug nuts) and polished aluminum, it was polished to that level of shine. Chris

Archived